Author Topic: how do you unwind?  (Read 6460 times)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Re: how do you unwind?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 06:10:32 pm »
Skyarrow,

Was looking for a fishing picture to post and that was the first one I found that wasn't all wonky.

That was from a trip up to Alaska.
One of our stops was out a Homer, and we spanked the Halibut pretty good.

I wish we had 60 pound Flounder in the Galveston Bay System... best you can Hope for is 10 to 12 pounds.
And I like to put the big girls back in the water if they are healthy enough to make it... :)

My martial arts, Fishing/Hunting and bass playing have temporarily suffered under the weight of my two boys.
One Three year old and one One year old.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline bubby

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 03:31:47 am »
gus i didn't hardly hunt while my boys were growing up between football, basketball, baseball and marshall arts there just aint enough hours in the day brother, but i loved every minute of it, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 12:16:28 am »
I hear ya Bubby...

Please don't mistake my sentiment.
I Love my boys more than anything.

One of the ways my three year old, technically his B-Day is the end of this month, likes to unwind is Worm Hunting.
I've had to start him out on a Bag Limit for Worms...
Left unchecked he'd be hunting worms every minute of day light... :)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 07:01:34 pm »
Have your three year old collect plastic containers around the neighborhood and have him sell bait on the weekends from a little stand down by the lake!  Sounds like the kid is ready to get into his own business!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bubby

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 07:35:09 pm »
Have your three year old collect plastic containers around the neighborhood and have him sell bait on the weekends from a little stand down by the lake!  Sounds like the kid is ready to get into his own business!
sounds like a plan
Gus we all do what we can, i did alot of coaching and that took up most of the time, we managed to go fishing and camping and shooting, gotta keep'em well rounded, you got a lot of fun ahead, catch it now because they eventually become TEENAGERS ;D, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹