Author Topic: how do you unwind?  (Read 6462 times)

Stringman

how do you unwind?
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:31:58 pm »
I took some time out on Monday and hit the fishin hole. We have been having super nice weather lately and the bass were just destroyin everything that hit the water. Every now and then someone would pull over and walk up in the hills lookin for morels. One guy found 8 little greys. By noon each of us had  caught nearly 30 bass, with my 4 pounder being the biggest of the morning.

I was pretty wiped out mentally from a long weekend and this was a great way to clear the head. Let's see a pic of your stress relieving techniques.

Offline paulsemp

Re: how do you unwind?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:43:06 pm »
 bass hitting top water, love it!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:07:20 pm »
Yep! kayaking and fishing is fun and peacefull. We'd be in jail with Largemouths on a stringer that size. :'(But they are tastie sauteeded in butter, so I've been told. ::) :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:20:17 pm »
Hey stringbean, nice to know yo have found a way to unwind from all the stress from the Mini IAJam!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:29:38 pm »
In the summer I go to the inlaws lake cabin in KY.  They all boat, ski, and tube.  I sit on the dock and and fish for bluegills and catfish.

In the fall I sit in a tree and wonder where are all the deer at.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 11:18:20 pm »
Kayak fishing is as good as it gets... an landing big bass from one is even better... Caught an 8 pounder last year from my yak and it jumped like crazy... Only had four pound test, but I finally got it to the side of the boat... What a adrenaline rush.  >:D >:D

I am a martial artist though and for me there is nothing better to ease my stress than to work out on my heavy bag...  >:D >:D

Jon

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:44 pm »
hmm....... what do i do to unwind? well, i like to stick hooks in innocent fishies and use bows of mass destruction >:D >:D
that sounds like it was a great day of fishing,i wish it was a little warmer up here so i could get to fishing
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 12:05:39 am »
Shoot fragile things and glass with my pellet gun, there ain't nutin better >:D specially aftermamlong day of earth science
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:11:52 am by Youngboyer2 »
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 11:40:57 am »
Play music with the guys, or of course build all kinds of archery equipment.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 11:59:12 am »
making and shooting bows with my pals, making arrows, chipping rock, riding a bicycle thru the city.
getting out the woods any day any weather for any reason. making stuff, practicing primitive skills. reading.
wild women don't get the blues

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 01:43:13 pm »
I go to work!

Offline BearG

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 03:25:59 pm »
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 03:27:58 pm »
I never totally unwind if I did I'd probably be a nice guy then knowone would like me. >:D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Stringman

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 03:58:40 pm »
Yep! kayaking and fishing is fun and peacefull. We'd be in jail with Largemouths on a stringer that size. :'(But they are tastie sauteeded in butter, so I've been told. ::) :)

Eddie that was a private lake we were fishin out of. The owner always tells us to keep everythin under 12". He seems to think the place is over run with small stuff. And yes they were good with butter... and parmesian... and salt.   ;D

JW - I had to work like a little fat boy in a batting cage after IA Jam. Then had duty all weekend so when Monday rolled around a friend invited me to hit the water. I just called in and took off. Sure was glad I did. It was a very pleasant day on the water.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 07:14:49 pm »
Scott that is certainly the way to "unwind."  Nice catch..  :laugh:

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.