Author Topic: Look what the mail man brought  (Read 7702 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Look what the mail man brought
« on: August 22, 2007, 10:00:51 am »
When I checked my mailbox 2 days ago on the way home there was a box inside with my name on it. ;D Inside was this knife from Cowboy  8)and a note.  A few months back I had made a trade and received a Nicholson #49. I already had one and cowboy was in need of one so I sent it on to him. I had forgotten all about it until the knife showed up. Cowboy said the blade is some of Justin's obsidian and referenced todays primitive trade routes. ;D I'll take this one to deer camp in 2 weeks and hopefully will be able to christen it.  ;)    Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

Re: Look what the mail man brought
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:12:25 am »
Sweet knife Pat, cowboy does some nice work eh. Now go get some blood on it but not your own ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:49:24 am »
That is a nice knife.  I don't recall any of that obsidian looking nearly so good when it left.  In fact the stuff that stayed don't look that good either. Good job Cowboy, and good trade Pat.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:53:58 am »
Beautiful knife Pat,looks like cowboy took good care of you. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

DBernier

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:11:24 pm »
Hey Pat, each of us got a "Cowboy" knife. I tried mine on a tree rodent (squirrel) today, and it works fine. Ain't we lucky.   ;D

Dick

a finnish native

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 04:49:14 pm »
maybe you should stain it with the blood of your enemy. The Great heathens in finland did so, and only after that it had some true value. of course the blood was washed off the blade but it gave mystical powers to it.  ::)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 04:59:50 pm »
I don't consider deer my enemy but I will hopefully anoint this knife with deer blood ;D.   The morning of September 8th, I'll be waiting in ambush! :o ;) 8)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 06:02:24 pm »
Pat I'm surprised yer mailman didn't make off with yer knife same as he does with yer PA mag ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Mohawk

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 08:29:28 pm »
that is a frikkin beautiful knife.  i hope i can make these things someday.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 01:15:15 am »
Glad ya'll like em Pat and Dick!! If you get attacked by somethin in the woods - get a good cut in then stab em in the eye with the tine ;D, ha, ha.

Hey Justin: I tried a second chunk of your stuff and overkilled - used to hittin this Pederanales stuff, may have to put in another order soon :). We have a job starting up in WA state, if I drive up I'll give you a holler - maybe we can go rock collectin?

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Dingleberry

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 10:04:02 pm »
cool knife, im jealous. ;D  I hope you christen it soon!

brokennock

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 01:36:46 am »
Very nice, my jealosy is only kept in check by my being happy for you, and I like the trade route connection. I've, unfortunatly, been forced to deal with a problem with some very selfish people lately. And you would never hear of such things going on amongst them. That said, I'd really love to see some pics with some blood on it (not yours).