Author Topic: How's my gap shooting form?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
How's my gap shooting form?
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:59:39 am »
Please take a look at my anchor position and form in this pic and the linked video. I'm a new shooter and trying hard to learn good form. Any advice is much appreciated!!

I started off trying gap shooting. Several people suggested instinctive. I practiced solely instinctive for a few weeks. I saw progress but it was slow and I could tell it would take a great deal of practice.

Then I decided to give gap another try and went to 3 fingers under, a more full back tension draw, and pulling the arrow under my eye. I saw instant improvement. Not fantastic but much better than I was doing.

So any suggestions you may have are very welcome. I'm pretty set on sticking with gap for a while and giving it a fair chance. Thanks much!!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptaNVOQG9o0
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline Scowler

Re: How's my gap shooting form?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 10:15:18 am »
Overall I think that your form looks pretty good.  However, it looks like you may have plucked on a few shots and dropped your release hand on another.  Hard to tell about the possible plucks with a side view.  Good accuracy.

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
Re: How's my gap shooting form?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 01:32:53 pm »
thanks!  yes plucking is something I do occasionally.  I'll keep an eye on it.
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln