Author Topic: Alright gun guys, help me pick a handgun  (Read 14001 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Alright gun guys, help me pick a handgun
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 12:29:33 am »
Semper;

Mostly because I live in Florida and very seldom get to wear a jacket or flannel shirt past 10 AM. So the only place I can usually carry my 45 concealed is in the small of my back. The outline is too easy to see with shorts, flip-flops and a T-shirt. I have a nice, friendly hip holster, inside the pants that you can't tell is there with a T-shirt on. And with it being on my hip I can come out with it faster, I've practiced and after 40 years of karate I know how to fall and recover.

When the weather does stay cold for a while you can bet I'm packing the .45. I also used to have an East German Mak. I'm still kicking my butt for selling it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Sempertiger

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 03:13:07 am »
that makes perfect sence :)

Lets just all hope if you hope, pray if you pray, that none of us have to use our CC piece...

But it's better to have and not need then need and not have.

Jamison
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
~Albert Einstein~

Offline Dane

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 08:46:14 am »
Mullet, you should never have sold that Mak! :) I have a CZ-82 I just love. It is my carry gun. I still have a little Firestar in 40 S&W if I really feel I need something more powerful. Those little guys are heavy as bricks but so much fun to shoot, even for their size.
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline stickbender

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 01:54:50 pm »

Dane, I have a Firestar in 9mm, and one in .45.  Love them, and yes they are heavy, but if you have to do like Hollywood, and throw them, they will land with authority! ;) ;D ;D  I also have a Star PD in .45, and love it also. It is light, and very accurate, and pleasant to shoot.

Wayne

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »
I think that is what my Bersa Thunder is modeled after.  Look exactly the same even the same "sweep up" safety.  Mine is .380 though.  Cost around 200 dollars used and i have put over 1200 rounds through it and never a hick-up or failure.  the Bersa's are way underrated I think.  :)

Done a lot of reading on the Bersa's today on a couple of forums.  Seems a lot of people really love them, but there are some that want to look down their nose at 'em.  Evidently all the police and military forces in Argentina carry them, so they must be fairly reliable.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline stickbender

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 03:52:41 am »

Bersa, has come a long way, since their introduction into the public sector.
I haven't held one for quite a few years, but the last one I held, had an incredibly smooth, and crisp trigger pull.  I almost bought it on that fact alone.

Wayne

Offline BearG

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 04:48:09 pm »
I have a 380 Bersa and inside of 15 feet its great, tight groups.  haven't tried to shoot any farther than that but great CCW weapon.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.