Author Topic: White ash or white oak stave wanted(Knife blank pics added)  (Read 1752 times)

TurtleCreek

White ash or white oak stave wanted(Knife blank pics added)
« on: April 09, 2012, 08:47:41 am »
  I am looking for a straight and clean white ash or white oak stave preferably 68 to 72 inches long.  If you happen to have one, PM me to discuss details.  Thanks
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:15:30 am by TurtleCreek »

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: White ash or white oak stave wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:45:37 am »
I don't have any real clean white oak, but I will be getting some Oregon ash (similar traits to white ash), this week.  I am helping my grandpa cut up a nice ash he fell last weekend.  Let me know if you are still looking for a good stave, and I will let you know if I get some long clean ones out of it.  Do you still have lots of sinew?
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

TurtleCreek

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:43:38 am »
 I don't have any sinew, but, I have a few knife blanks, an end piece of water buffalo horn, some bamboo backing strips(2 total), 2 board pieces of yellowheart(59 inches long by approximately 2 inches wide and over an inch thick) and two osage board pieces(approximately 36 inches long a piece by a little over 2 inches wide and a bit over 3/4 inches thick). I also have 5 pieces of bloodwood that are 58 inches long each and between 1 3/8 to 1.5 inches wide.

TurtleCreek

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 06:14:38 am »
Here are pics of the knife blanks, PM me if interested.