Author Topic: My new 5$ project  (Read 1188 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
My new 5$ project
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:30:14 pm »
I was at academy yesterday and I found a nash old school skateboard on Clarence for 7$ normally there 40$ so I head to the register with my new toy I place it on the counter and notice it has a propeller twist I how the cashier and ask since its twisted can they drop the price she sed yes so they dropped it o 5$ woot. After getting it home the twist was so bad the from wheel is off the ground about a inch definitely not rideable :(. So I make a few call to one to pat and the other to George and aske them question on heat bending plywood I know you can steam bend it if it's marine grade but using a heat gun will be a crap shoot that's what they kinda told me not exact words so  I figure if it breaks I have a set of new rampage trucks for 5$ so won't be a total loss ;) so I spent a few hours lastnite heat bending this deck like y'all heat straighten twisted staves . Here are some pics of before and the finished deck I was impressed that It actually don't break and it rides great

Notice the front truck and how it's leaning

I didn't get all the twos out but all the wheels touch the ground

And the heat gun destroyed the finish so I re did it

"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Bevan R.

Re: My new 5$ project
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:44 pm »
I'd say you improved it all the way arround!
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline SA

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:59:53 pm »
an there you go , looks pretty straight and 5 bucks not bad . man i havent been on a my board in about a year or so time to start up again . like the paint job too, have fun.
Shawn Acker

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 10:39:26 pm »
Thanx :) I just picked up some birch plywood I'm going to build me a flat longboard cruiser :) after that il make some forms and make some curved ones with a kick tail :)

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:43:41 am »
Holy crap, a Nash Executioner.  That brings me back to the mid 80's.
1’—>1’

Offline Kpete

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 01:17:23 pm »
A few more details would be nice.  How long NTN?  How much set did it take?  Have you run it through a Chrony yet? ;)

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 01:27:30 pm »
good find and nice restoration job. had to laugh when I saw your shoes. Now THAT takes me back to the 80's  :D
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 12:01:00 am »
I colored those shoes with sharpe inked fabric pens

Just got done at the skate park man I feel old, a kid rolled up to me and asked how old I was I sed 29 he smiled and sed my Daddy is 29 :( lol all in all the Nash rolls good :)