Author Topic: Red Mountian archery  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Llamma1

Red Mountian archery
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:09:59 pm »
I was just looking for a u finnish bow and found Red Mountain archery. The prices look great! I was wondering if anyone new about there product??

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Red Mountian archery
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:52:21 pm »
I've never seen any of his bow kits but heard about them on Tradgang. Does Bingham still own it? Also, since it's your first post, is this a real question or are you looking for new customers?

An add in the Classifieds would be real beneficial for the magazine and this Web Board.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:58:59 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Llamma1

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:07 pm »
It's a reel post. But I do understand the skepticism. I've only been shooting traditional for a year now. So I don't know a lot about the bowyers that are reputable. But I am good at finishing wood and thought I could save some money with those skills. I have 3 kids and can't afford to spend what bear and the other dealers want for there bows.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:42:56 pm »
I bet if you make your own bow from scratch, you'll get a lot more satisfaction out of it.  Find a good tree to cut and split and then while it is drying, build a board bow or two.  It will help you understand tillering.  Good luck with whatever you decide.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:59:13 pm »
There are a lot of guys on here that have parted with staves for free or you pay shipping just to get someone addicted. Post some more, ask questions and see what you come up with. :) And, I'm sorry, a Big welcome.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 12:14:50 am »
Save the money you would spend on kits, buy better tools, and go with oak or hickory boards for now.  Osage outlaw had the right idea.  This is a great hobby (or addiction depending on how honest you are with yourself). you are going to make more than just one bow. 

Think of the board bows as practice jobbies, they are what you do to get ready to make a bow you can do serious target shooting or hunting with. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.