Author Topic: Lotta work for a little wood  (Read 7057 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Lotta work for a little wood
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 10:06:30 am »
No hot box for me and an average humidity of about 65-75% the whole time. I use "Mr Sunshine" and "The Breeze" to help me out. I tempered the bow as well, that drives moisture out.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Judo Point

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 10:39:36 am »
Really! Good to know I was under the assumption that you didnt want to put them in direct sunlight or wind. But I guess if the back and ends are sealed it's no different then a hot box. What do you seal it with?

blackhawk

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 10:44:54 am »
Shellacs the best imho for what we do

You can also stick it in a car on sunny days...theres lots of free hotboxes out there ;)

Offline Judo Point

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 11:31:30 am »
Blackhawk, Pearl Drums and Pappy thank you very much you guys are always so helpful. And I guess I should be the one apologizing for hijacking the thread but I do appreciate the info.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 11:58:24 am »
No sealing for me either. Just wood, sun and air.  Humidity plays a role.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Judo Point

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 12:47:13 pm »
Well your just throwing all kinds of curve balls at me Pearlie! Tell me you atleast seal the ends.  :) well I'm in Michigan also a bit north and east of ya but I suppose if it works for you it should work for me too. Thanks again

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 01:02:39 pm »
No I didnt seal the ends either. I cut them long and snip the checks off when the time comes.

Offline Judo Point

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 01:48:19 pm »
Okay well I'll leave ya alone now so you can hurry up and finish that baby and show us some pics! ;DThanks again!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 02:15:08 pm »
Your not bothering me or hi-jacking my thread. That kinda' stuff doesnt get to me too much. I post to help others as much as I can!

Offline coaster500

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 04:37:05 pm »
Nice cache Drums...  I've seen some nice HHB bows, someday I got to give it a try...  can't wait to see your "Vision"
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)