Author Topic: Bullet  (Read 7262 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Bullet
« on: May 11, 2012, 12:19:22 am »
I thought I would post my finished "Bullet" bow.  A lot of you guys got to see this bow at the Classic.  It is 45# @26" and 65" or 66" long.  I can't remember right now.  I over built it a little because the wood was very low quality.  It had thick early rings and the late wood was crumbly.  I had to put horn overlays on it because the string was denting the nocks while tillering it.  This was the first time I've tried tip overlays and it won't be my last.  The lower limb has a nice whoop de doo coming out of the fade.  When I roughed out the bow on the bandsaw, I found a bullet in the back of the knot in the upper limb.  The tree grew around it and caused the open knot hole.  When I finished the bow, I drilled a hole in the lower fade and glued the bullet back into it.  It kind of felt right keeping the bullet with it.  Drilling a hole into a finished bow was a little different  :o 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Bullet
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 12:27:03 am »
Beautiful bend, Clint. Getting to see her in person makes it easy to appreciate her.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 12:29:43 am »
Thanks Pat.  She sure did draw some attention down there.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 01:11:21 am »
Very nicely done! Character bows are sure nice! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Badger

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 01:26:32 am »
  Nice job on that bow, glad we got to spend some time together talking at the classic.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 02:27:09 am »
very cool and unique bow. great job man.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 06:52:56 am »
Real nice bow, great touch keeping the bullet, and great work with a tricky stave.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline dwardo

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 07:55:19 am »
Great tiller. The bullet and hole mid limb is ace.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 08:14:31 am »
Very nice job,that's sweet.  :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 08:40:46 am »
Very cool bow Clint. Trade ya' one of mine for it? ............Come on!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 08:57:55 am »
Glad i got to see this one in person....there always better up close ;)  you need to find the man that shot that bullet and thank him for putting a hole in your bow for ya  :laugh:

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:01 am »
Glad i got to see this one in person....there always better up close ;)  you need to find the man that shot that bullet and thank him for putting a hole in your bow for ya  :laugh:

It was probably Clint that misplaced that chunk o' lead! You ever seen him shoot? WOW......thats why he got into archery!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 09:28:48 am »
Great looking bow Clint.  It was nice to meet and talk with you at the Classic.  Great job.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 09:31:48 am »
Nice job, OO. That hole's a little high for a peep sight, isn't it? :-\  That is very cool leaving the bullet with the wood. Just curious...does it look like a modern bullet? Could you tell what caliber? Just wondering how it might have gotten there...if someone missed a shot at some game, or such.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 09:34:54 am »
Cool bow, Clint!  Was great to see it in person.  Those horn tips sure dressed it up.  Couldn'ta picked a better color combination.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI