Author Topic: "Revolver" quiver idea?  (Read 2932 times)

MtDent

"Revolver" quiver idea?
« on: June 14, 2012, 01:41:07 am »
I have an idea for a quiver...tell me if this makes sense. I want to take 7 boo bits and arrange them in the shape of the chamber of a revolver, almost. Have one longer bit in the vented and have the other six circled and bound around the outside. All the boo I have around here is too small to make a quiver of sufficient size to hold more than one arrow and I wanted to make something different. Any other ideas?

Offline wasanchez

Re: "Revolver" quiver idea?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 02:59:17 am »
Sounds cool, it may make some racket in the woods though.  I'd like see pictures when its done.

Walt
Walter Sanchez
Moulton, TX

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 07:46:25 am »
Love to see what you come up with,sounds interesting,I have the same problem with the cane on my place. :) I have seen side quivers with single arrow holders made into them,mostly CP guys. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

MtDent

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 08:36:42 am »
Well we gotta wait for this boo to dry first! But I have to figure out how to silence the arrows knocking around, like you said,  Walt. I was thinking of making it essentially two rings of boo that hold it into place, if you know what I mean. One ring up top, one on bottom that has foam or something in it to protect the tips.

I'll be sure to post pictures!

Offline gudspelr

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 09:56:36 pm »
I made a tube quiver out of plastic from a window tinting place-it's the tubes the sheets of tinting come wrapped on.  To make the inside quieter, I did a couple things.  For the tips, I got some el cheapo black flip-flops and cut circles out of them for the tips to rest against.  Then I took black foam tape (home depot heating/a.c. dept.) and put strips to line the inside.  Keeps the rattling to a minimum.  Between the fletching holding the nock ends a bit apart and the flip-flops for the tips to stick in/rest against, it ended up fairly quiet.  Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 10:55:58 am »
  I made them with the small boo that only holds one arrow. But straped 3 of those together so I could carry 3 arrows.  Cut a small peice of foam for the head of each boo to stop rattleing. If you need more add another boo or 2.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

MtDent

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 06:35:13 pm »
Thanks guys. I'll try something like your ideas so there ain't so much rattle