Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 20, 2012 - July 22, 2012

Author Topic: Patty's Camp-O-Rama...  (Read 23693 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: Patty's Camp-O-Rama...
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 01:58:02 am »
Hey Pat, I know I've talked about coming down for a couple years now.  Once again, I"m going to try to make it.  Heck, it would be worth the trip to make some 2-fletched arrows with you and Rand.

I got a 3 Rivers gift card for Christmas last year and bought fletching jigs and feather cutters.  I swear making 3 fletched arrows is much harder than doing the 2-fletched ones.  And with my shooting abilities or lack there of, I don't see a difference.  But, I'm just dogged enough to keep making the 3 fletched until I learn to do it right, THEN, I go back to the 2 fletched one. :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 08:36:32 pm »
Hey Pat, I'm going to try to make it. If I do I'll be there Friday afternoon sometime. I have turkey feathers for two fletch. Is Barry Mcall and the Parker clan coming? Haven't seen them in a while. 

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 12:42:26 am »
Alan, hope you can make it. I look forward to seeing you again. I have emailed Steve but haven't heard back. I haven't contacted Barry but I will.
 Come on down if you can Hedge.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 02:02:41 am »
hay pat.
Im going to try to make it up that way this year. missed the last 2 yrs and was really bummed. you bday parties are a great get together. Cant wait.

see you soon.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 04:33:17 am »
Pat, I just looked at my request off from work sheet for July and quess what, I haven't requested any time off for the month.  That's not right.  haha  I'm going to do my very best to make it down there.  I'm getting excited about the trip.

Since, I'll be a newby, tell me a bit about the set up and activities.  Besides the arrow making meantioned above, will there be bow making? Should I bring a tillering stick and a stave horse? I have a 50" osage stave that I'm very excited about.  I could have it worked down and sinewed by then.  I'd love to have someone looking over my should, giving advice when I start tillering this little beast.

Is it female friendly or mostly a guys outing?

Camping--If my wife is coming, I'd probably pull our 13 1/2 camper.  If it's just me, I'll tent it.

I have quite a few turkey wing feathers I could bring.  Shaft would be tomato stakes.  Sinew, I have some but not a bunch most of which would need to pounded and shredded. Hide glue--I have some flakes, but I could make more.  My technique involves a crockpot, but I could adapt and over come with a double pan and water and a can of sterno or a couple charcoal briques.

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 01:12:55 pm »
Dave the camp-o-rama is family friendly but not a lot to do other than primitive skills, eating, drinking and latenight music.  ;D There will be a few wives and a kid or two usually. Because of the amount of room the trailer might be tight but we could probably accomidate it somehow. Rand is bringing his little trailer to camp in.  We do have electricity at the barn but not elsewhere. Will have a Port-a-Jon on site. No running water except the creek but I can get water from my house up the hill.
  Bring any projects you want to bring, we can and do do it all. I have a tiller tree and a bow bench, small vise and tools. I even have plenty of hide glue. If you have room for your bench, bring it but it is not necessary. Knapping seems to be the most prominent activity but we do it all. I have a crock pot for sinewing and form and a heat gun for bending and straightening.

Wade I hope you can make it. Bring Kate too it you'd like.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 02:07:42 pm »
I just meantioned your gathering to Schuy.  Before I could finish my sentence she said "you should go, babe."  Woohoo a hall pass.  She's going away the weekend before on a girls retreat.  So, I'll be flying solo.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 02:20:02 pm »
When you're ready for directions let me know.

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 09:00:05 pm »
Hey Wade,

Glad to hear you are coming...it will be interesting to see what you have been "nto" since I last saw you at the knapin a couple of years ago.  Been taking care of "Turkey"...she has been with me several times out deer hunting...might be she has been waiting for a lucky two-fletch to bring home the meat. :)

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 12:50:34 pm »
Pat, I'm assuming this event will be held near Brevard?
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 05:16:03 pm »
Yes Dave. I actually live 10 miles south of Brevard.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 01:03:32 am »
I'll PM you to get directions when it gets closer to the shin-dig
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 02:10:04 am »
Will you be coming I-40 to Asheville?

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 11:25:28 am »
That's the way I will be coming.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:47 pm »
Pat, you know we'll be there, you don't even have to ask -been looking forward to it since we pulled out of your driveway last year. :) I'll try to get Barry rounded up, he's been working wierd hours and swingshifts lately, hope he can make it.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.