Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 20, 2012 - July 22, 2012

Author Topic: Patty's Camp-O-Rama...  (Read 23690 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Patty's Camp-O-Rama...
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:38:32 am »
...and primitive skills weekend is just around the corner. This year it will be July 20,21,22.
  Primitive camping, pot luck supper Saturday evening, Prota-Jon on site ( ;) ), bring your own food and drink(water and electric available) and be ready to share. Adult beverages accepted and incouraged. Cigars welcomed.
Bow building, arrow making, knapping, fire making, etc,etc,etc!  Nightly concerts with well known preformers(well known to us), a jar or two passed around and just some good old fun for all.
 Contact me for more info.
  Be there or be square!  8)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:20:23 pm by Calendargirl »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Patty's Camp-O-Rama...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:43:51 am »
Sounds fun. Where is it held?

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:43:57 am »
Another year,man they go by fast. :( Bad timing for me Pat, :(maybe next year,
 ??? I say that ever year,one of these days I am going to suprise yall. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:25:43 am »
I know Pappy. As soon as I saw the dates to the IBO I knew it would have to be another time.
  Cipriano, it is at my place here in NC. We have 25ac.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 09:39:56 am »
I would love to make it Pat, but I think my travels are over for this year.  I just went to PA this past weekend, and have battled the spinning and dizzies since Sunday.  Looks like I will not be there in person, but sure will in spirit my friend.

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 06:05:25 pm »
thinking about comeing on friday will you be around after noon and do i need to bring any thing
bryan irwin

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 06:19:02 pm »
Pat sure would love to attend, but it's 17 hrs from here. Maybe someday soon.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 08:56:17 pm »
Bryan, I'll be around all day Friday. Come when you can. I'll have to see who's coming and what folks plan to brign before I can say what we need.  ;)  You will need your guitar and Jeremy(if he remembers who I am)  ;D
 Do you think David and Cora will come? I kinda doubt it. I sent Steve Parker a PM about it but haven't heard back from them.

Cipriano, I wish you could come but I totally understand. Try to get to the Classic. It is worth the trip!!!  8)

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 10:29:00 pm »
Hi Pat,

I plan to be there on Friday afternoon...hope I can back the little camper back in the same place as the time before?  I do have cigars and will bring flutes if anyone wants to do some trading.  I will also bring cigars. :)  Have been playing flute with guitar players...so maybe someone will do a rythym and we will get something going.  You ready for another lesson?

All this said my daughter is due August 4th so if she comes early I will be heading to DC to see my first grandchild instead...

BTW...The possibles bag is working great,

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 11:55:08 pm »
Rand, I'd miss anything for a grand daughter!  8)  Congrats granpa.  ;)
 I'll save your spot for you. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Cigars welcomed!

Offline BearG

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 11:14:40 am »
Well with the IBO moving, perhaps next year I can make it, I'll take the wife on another vacation nex year.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 01:43:26 pm »
I understand, Bear. Everything seems to happen at once and priorities go to the top of the list...plus Twin Oaks is way closer to you than my place.  ;)

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 10:27:43 pm »
Bryan,

My wife and I dropped by Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument in Texas back a month ago.  We got to know the ranger (she now has one of my flutes and I am making her a tiger maple flute too soon)...anyway I have a small amount of flint if you want to try to knock something out of it...might not be enough to even try...pretty stuff!!  You can look up Alibates on the internet...neat place.  Glad to hear you are coming.

Rand

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 10:34:27 pm »
Pat,

Worked on some  "Creek Two Fletch" arrows today.  Fun to try to learn how...using some feathers from New Mexico that my old Doc gave me...been settin' in the freezer til this morning. d:^)  Will bring my "attempt" up to the Camp-o-ramaR

Rand
(PS...thanks for showing me how to do that smiley face!)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 12:36:16 am »
Rand, once you get the hang of the 2fletch you'll be surprised how well they fly. Bring up your stuff and we'll mess around with it. I have some cane, some feathers and some sinew but not too much of any of it.  Only 3 weeks!  8)  Should be good and hot by then.  ::)