Author Topic: OJAM 2008?  (Read 16709 times)

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
OJAM 2008?
« on: September 07, 2007, 12:59:24 am »
Hay all:  I was doing some surfing and found a gathering called OJAM held in March 2007 near Stillwater, OK.  That's just up the road from me.  :o Is there going to be an OJAM 2008 and is it open to the public?  I'm new to primitive and traditional archery and seeing first hand all that I've read about sounds like great fun. 

Thanks

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Otoe Bow

Re: OJAM 2008?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:10:01 pm »
Calendar Girl:  Here is the web site for OJAM.  I hope they don't mind me posting it.

http://www.ojam.org/

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:28:36 pm »
I just LOVE it when people do my work for me!!  ;D  Right DanaM?  ;) Leaves me more time for eating bon bons in bed while I sitn on my computer and give you all a hard time!  >:D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 10:09:28 am »
BonBons? Hmmmm better watch out their fatting ya know >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 12:35:56 pm »
                                 DANGIT!!!   >:(   

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 06:01:34 am »
I don't think she has to worry about that,she workes so had she will burn it off. ;D ;D
Otoe you ought to try and make it to Tn. also this year.I was thinking of trying to make
OJAM heard it was a big time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Trapper

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 05:58:35 pm »
Hey Otoe , where are you located at ,? I live in Blanchard and Im looking for people thats interested in primitive archery. Shoot me a email and let me know OK?     Trapper

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 02:40:01 pm »
Pappy:  I'd love to come to your club and make one of your events, eat your food, use your tools, etc, etc, etc.   ;D

Keep us posted when you have events and I may make the trip. 

Trapper:  I sent you a PM. 

Otoe

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 07:52:33 pm »
ALCON:  Check the new dates for OJAM in the Announcements Section.  The original dates conflicted with Easter.  The organizers have moved it to the next weekend, (27-30 March).

Thanks

Otoe

How's them Bon Bons CG?   ;)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 11:03:45 pm »
ooops Caught again...dangit!  >:(

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 09:13:46 pm »
Otoe, Looks like God willin and the creek don't rise I will be there and bring some of my tribe with me. I'm also trying to gather up a few newbies and a few local guys that I have met and make a caravan of it. Can't wait. Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 09:32:34 pm »
I'll be there Mike, and the dad ifn he's able. like to make it to the Classic too, maybe we could hook up and ride together? If I can make it and we could meet up, gas is free...??
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 10:24:06 pm »
Cowboy.  Outstanding.  I might be able to bring my Dad along too.  He could probably care less about bows but he likes to camp, hang out around the fire and cook.   ;) 

Is the Classic the shindig at Pappy's or something else?  Either way I'm game provided the calendar works and, as Sidewinder says, "God willin". 

Sidewinder:  Looking forward to meeting you too.  It all sounds like a blast. 

Otoe

Free gas...... :o

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 10:36:46 pm »
You betcha, dad went with me last year - it's a good time at OJAM. He prolly won't go to the classic (that is Pappy's get together) but I may, and if I do - that's a long drive. Oh and it'll be company gas so no worries there, maybe just a room along the way. We'll see as it gets closer....
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline The Singing Bowyer

OJAM
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 12:54:39 am »
The 4th Annual Oklahoma Selfbow Jamboree will be held in Stillwater, OK on March 27-30, 2008. It is hosted by the Rutter Family, and has a 3 acre pond next to the campsite that you can fish, covered pavillion, bathroom facilities, limited trailer camping, and plenty of primitive camping available.

Demo's on selfbow building, cane arrows, flintknapping, and more! Vendors will be present, and Chad "The Singing Bowyer" Slagle will be performing a special campfire performance on Sat night.

For more info and directions, go to: http://ojam.org/

Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com