Author Topic: Got to meet Gus today.  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Jimbob

Got to meet Gus today.
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:27:14 pm »
Got to meet Gus today, he's a cool dude.  Its great to put a face with the name, great to meet ya Gus. Its too bad that we couldnt break some rocks.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:26:43 pm by Jimbob »
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Got to meet Gus today.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:17:47 am »
Gus is one cool dude ;). Couple of days at Cross Plains, he brought all the gadgets to keep everybody busy - tater guns, telescope, outdoor kitchen. And one heck of camp cook to boot. Kinda reminds me of a modern day captain morgan for some reason 8).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Got to meet Gus today.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:29:39 am »
Cowboy said it right... At Cross Plains Paul and I were talking over the campfire wandering where Gus was. He was running on Gus standard time.. I was informed that Gus would be doing the cooking. I explained to Paul that Gus is very particular and anything he does, he does WELL.

Sure enough Gus rolled in. In no time he had a professional outdoor cooking kitchen set up and let me tell ya.. Delicious does not describe it.

To bad I had to leave early the next day due to a soccer game  >:D Just ask George how much I like soccer season... I missed out. The papa gun was really fun and he gifted Diego with it :laugh:

Jimbob you will have to ask him about cutting wood at the miniature horse farm--- dash--- mini flea market---- dash--- open air mechanic ship----- dash----- a gathering place for folks that talk funny...

Cipriano

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.