Author Topic: ABC Inspired Osage  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Dvshunter

ABC Inspired Osage
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:44:48 pm »
This is my hunting bow now. I finally made one for myself. No skins, just air for a backing. I used this bow as a prop for a heat bending demo at mojam this past summer and have finally got around to finishing it. Tips are horn and zebrawood. Handle is deerhide from roy on tradgang.  Pretty clean and straight piece except for a few pins and one knot.  It has great cast and shoots well. 58in.ntn  56@26

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline coaster500

Re: ABC Inspired Osage
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:47:09 pm »
Look out deer!!!

Sweet hunter DV...  like the lines and very cool tips!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:35 pm »

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Dean Marlow

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »
David
  Looks like a real shooter. Looks like you are getting that handle wrap down real good. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 09:24:30 pm »
Thanks kip. I can't wait to get after the whitetails this year year. Elk will have to wait another year though.

Thanks dean. I pulled the first one off because it didn't look quite right, but this one came out nice except I already have some scratches on it!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 09:29:52 pm »
Very nice, clean bow...and just my draw and weight.  ::)
  Its pretty nice when you get to keep one for yourself!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 09:36:40 pm »
Very nice work! Time to christen it :)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:44:24 pm »
Real nice job, DVS!!  8)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 10:00:31 pm »
Sweet finish work Dave. The scive work on the leather takes more patience than I have. Good job man.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 10:01:16 pm »
Very nice bow. Great tips and handle work.
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 10:04:35 pm »
Very nice sage bow Dvshunter  and like Pat that draw weight,draw length and bow length are just what I like in my hunting bows.
Hope you get something with her this fall.
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Adam

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 11:01:25 pm »
I really like the look of that arrow rest.  It's much more elegant looking than any I've done and really flows well with the rest of the bow.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 11:03:53 pm »
Thanks Pat. It is nice to have one of my own.

Tracy, I can't hardly wait for fall turkey and deer. A little red makes it all better. 8)

Pearlie, thanks. The leather Roberta sent me works good and I use a small sanded and my fingers to smooth it out. It doesn't take too long and its better than my switching. Lol

Greg, sometimes it pays to have the short arms huh? I make all my bows under 60in. I love em.

Thanks Hrothgar

Thanks lesken

Thanks Adam that's exactly what I try for. Smooth flowing pines with no sharp edges or lines.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 11:08:16 pm »
Beautiful finish work. I like that you kept the skins off, the wood stands out and lets the grip and tips pop. perfect bow for hunting. great job
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 04:42:02 am »
Fine bow.  Looks like class A work to me.  Good luck this fall.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi