Author Topic: fletch tite platinum  (Read 1838 times)

Offline taxus_bacata

fletch tite platinum
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:10:49 pm »
Could anyone copy the components of fletch tite platinum fletching glue on this post please? I am trying to get something as similar as possible cause I can't get fletch-tite in my country nor its composition online.

Thanks!!!

Offline AngelDeVille

• Internet Archer
Re: fletch tite platinum
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 06:56:59 pm »
I'll look when I get home.

but what are you gluing feathers to wood? feathers to carbon? feathers to wraps? Vanes to your forehead?

I like platinum well enough, but I was not impressed with the feathers to bare carbon bond.

I'll be trying something new next tube.

Maybe something available where you are will work as well or better.
Sent via two tin cans connected by a string and a jailbroken Atari 2600

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:25 pm »
Hi Taxus,  you dont say which country you are in, but here in the UK I use H.M.G Heat & Waterproof glue made by H Marcel Guest.  I use it only for feather fletchings on wooden arrows, and it has never let me down.
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline agd68

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 08:21:48 am »
I have used contact cement in a pinch and it works very well.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline taxus_bacata

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 03:33:58 pm »
I live in Uruguay, South America. My options are limited. I have used normal regular superglue for feather to wood but I will be getting 2 dozen gold tip traditional sahfts and was recommended by the maker that fletch tite was the stuff to use. I cannot get it down here and planes do not carry it so I need to know its components to find the most similar product.