Author Topic: christmas exchange '12 time to move'em out  (Read 84521 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Re: christmas exchange '12 time to move'em out
« Reply #540 on: January 13, 2013, 09:05:11 pm »
You did that burl proud. ;)
Steve Bennett

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #541 on: January 16, 2013, 02:07:30 pm »
I'm Finally done...

Had to do a bit of Refinish work on the Atlatl...
My four year old put a Thumb Print in the Tru Oil, right in the middle of the Dart Rest that was too obvious to leave... So had to sand it off and refinish it...

Heading to the Post Office just after noon.
I'll get some photos up this afternoon when I get back from running.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline coaster500

« Reply #542 on: January 18, 2013, 12:57:25 am »
Well I finally got the strength to let her go. I apologize to the recipient, for taking so long to ship the item.
I teared up at the post office. The girlfriend said," it's not like it's a child or something."
"It is actually." I replied.

Hope ___________ likes it.

-Pinecone

Bryce I understand completely....  When I came back to the house after running some errands I noticed a tube on the porch. I read the address and my heart almost stopped right there on the deck!!!!! Those of us here are witness to some masterful work and as for me I have coveted many of those bows......  well I do believe this is the first time one of those was delivered to my door!!!!

Bryce I truly don't know how you separated yourself from this one...  not only gorgeous to look at but truly a great shooter. I took it out back and grabbed a couple dozen arrows of different spines and it ate them all!!!!! I don't think I've shot a selfbow this spine friendly!!! Smooth as silk, quiet and man shoots like it's tied to my eyes!!!

Thank you so much this one will never see another home :)

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/coaster500/Christmas%20gift%20from%20Bryce%20%20%20%20Pinecone/?action=view&current=BrycesgiftPinecone014.mp4

SLIDESHOW...

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/coaster500/Christmas%20gift%20from%20Bryce%20%20%20%20Pinecone/?albumview=slideshow

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2013, 01:52:55 am »
Hey I'm glad you like it. I hugged it, slid it in the tube and weeped. But I knew it was going to you and that made it worth it. Have fun :)
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline coaster500

« Reply #544 on: January 18, 2013, 10:34:12 am »
Thanks again Bryce....  truly a great bow :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #545 on: January 28, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »
I got a great atlatal and dart set ftom Gus today. The workmanship and finish is exquisite. Im afraid my poor photography doesnt do it justice.

Thank you very much Gus.
Steve Bennett

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #546 on: January 28, 2013, 06:40:32 pm »
boy is that sweet! you lucked out there!
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline bubby

« Reply #547 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »
that's cool turtle, atlatl's are really fun  to mess around with to, almost got a crow with one this year
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #548 on: January 28, 2013, 07:05:59 pm »
I finally got mine shipped out today.  I had a couple of bows in the works for my recipient, but learned that they were particular about their bows and only shot their own, so I made up a dozen traditional arrows. 

I also received my gift from chertle.  3 very nice knapped points of obsidian, flint, and blue glass. And also a nice fleece blanket.  Thank you Chertle.  I will get some pictures posted once I get those points hafted. 

That is a sweet atalatl!  And coaster that bow Bryce made, well looks like it shoots well for you!!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:15:23 pm by Carson (CMB) »
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #549 on: January 28, 2013, 07:10:26 pm »
that's cool turtle, atlatl's are really fun  to mess around with to, almost got a crow with one this year

Now that's pretty cool.

Jon

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #550 on: January 28, 2013, 07:42:59 pm »
Thanks again Bryce....  truly a great bow :)

I found an IDENTICAL stave yesterday. I mean it's a mirror image of the one I used to make your bow. Even down to the little wiggle in the top limb and I'm gonna make another one the same way.
Clatskanie, Oregon