Author Topic: What to do  (Read 781 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
What to do
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:35 am »
So for the past few months there has been a mountain lion around and it has taken some cats and as of last nite my dog. I know that there  are very few attack on people but my kids play out side and I'm worried it mite try to attack one. Me if I see it in the field I won't hesitate to shoot it but maybe I can trap it instead to insure it won't be around I know I can't eliminate them from around my house  but i guess I'd feel better If I saw it removed this one had a set of cubs last year I know they have already moved on and found there own stomping ground. Ohh what to do :(
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
Re: What to do
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 09:32:22 pm »
Have you spoke to the DNR?  I would not like it at all with my kids being outside....
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: What to do
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 10:07:01 pm »
Not yet il do that tomarrow for tonite to make my wife feel better i set one snare in the path it took yesterday . I did hear that the parks and wildlife have a bounty out on an mountain lion in my area it's so big it's taking fully grown cows down they have been hunting it for a year now to no avail lol not sure if it's true but il find out tomarrow when I call
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995