Author Topic: Therapy bow  (Read 2407 times)

Offline swamp yeti

Therapy bow
« on: October 27, 2012, 05:09:17 pm »
Back about a month and a half ago I shattered my wrist at work,2 weeks went by before the doctor did surgery,they had to re allign my wrist and put a titanium plate and 10 screws in my wrist.Whith the help of the good lord,my wife and son,I am going to finish a bow I started on 3 months ago but never finished.The bow is a hickory backed osage wiyh a walnut riser,right now I just have the riser and the shape of the bow rasped out.Right now I am getting my wife and son to hold the bow while I rasp it with my right hand.I am trying to work on it it once a week and I will post some pictures when I get more done

Offline dwardo

Re: Therapy bow
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:14:57 pm »
That is some bit of bionics you got going there. Good lucky with the recovery boss.
Bow looks fine too  8)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 05:18:40 pm »
The bow looks like it is going to be awesome.  That contraption you got in your wrist looks like it would make a good sinew comb.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 05:20:51 pm »
Thank God the surgery went well.  I gotta make me one of those therapy bows. Good idea. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 05:47:43 pm »
glad the surgery went good, i'm getting ready to start my therapy bow as well, your's is lookin' good , Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 05:49:01 pm »
Its too bad the doc could incorporate a built in rasp and scraper instead of a titanium plate lol. Thatd be awesome, you'd be the wolverine bowyer!!!!  Good luck with your recovery though.

Offline swamp yeti

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 05:57:12 pm »
You all come on over and you all can help me out.I just need somebody to hold the bow.

Offline Tortoise

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 06:04:41 pm »
Looks like the one I'm working on! Hope your wrist heals quick so you can get it done
-Peter
Arizona

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 06:05:00 pm »
Nice work Swamp! Good lookin bow so far.  I've made a few physical therapy bows now. Had a couple friends get shoulder surgery, and another had neck surgery. I'm actually in the middle of writing an article about it to submit to the magazine. I'm glad your surgery went well. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 08:01:19 pm »
Dang, you can't keep the swamp yeti down!
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline half eye

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 09:18:38 pm »
My wright wrist looks like your's brother.....except they cut on top and took out 5-6 bones .....then give me a plate with enough screws to start a hardware store :o That was ten years ago, glad to see yer still hackin and slashin there!!!!!! You gonna find out about makin special tools for yourself, allmost more fun than bow buildin.....If I can help ya out any please let me know.....us "gimps" got to stick together, eh >:D
rich

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 09:34:32 pm »
Looks like its going to be a sharp looking bow good luck with the wrist at least your doing some good therapy.
Rob

Offline swamp yeti

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 09:05:31 am »
I would like to thank everybody a for their concern I will slowly come out of it,it will just take some time.