Author Topic: Rio rio demo  (Read 1017 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Rio rio demo
« on: November 11, 2012, 09:54:04 am »
Well i was asked to do a two day knapping demo with a friend at the goliad rio rio event i didnt get time to take pics of the whole event but i did take pics of our demo booth. Fri was a school trip event so we entertained about 1k kids some really liked our demo and showed a real intrest in learning how to knapp it was fun. Sat was the open day for the public thats the day when the cub and boy scouts come for there weekend camping. It was a nice turnout here are the few pics of the booth and a few points that were made

In tho case are some gift points from eddie parker, don tower, patrick blank, shannon walker , amd alex pomykalski.

These are a few points of mine

This is the stagers from raw rock to finished point

"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Rio rio demo
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:48:01 pm »
Nice job passing it on, Sterling. Good for you, guys. And, nice points, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 10:08:10 pm »
Looks like you had great time. Those are some good looking points . Can't wait until we can sit & knap again.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:27:48 am »
Heck yeah same here don hopefully soon we can break some bread and rock. I didnt work much actual rock at the demo because i almost cut my finger off while skinning that buck i shot lol knife sliPped and went to the bone. Glass is so much easyer on the hand then rock the shock from spalling still hurts some. either way it was still a great demo i even sold a blue point some guy wanted to make a necklace charm :). I wasent expecting to sell anything that was a nice perk hehe
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Josh B

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 12:36:09 am »
That definitely looks like a good time was had.  Nice work on those points!  Josh