Author Topic: This girl can shoot!  (Read 2541 times)

Offline vinemaplebows

This girl can shoot!
« on: November 28, 2012, 12:15:56 am »
Don't know how many have seen this, but pretty darn impressive!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9RGnujlkI&feature=fvwrel
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: This girl can shoot!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:19:59 am »
She definitely has that method of shooting down.  You can see how applicable that would be to military applications...an arrow every 1.5 seconds or less. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline bow101

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:36:22 am »
That is absloutley Insane...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She can back me up anytime.
Although it does look like an easy shooter, low weight.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 01:22:16 am »
I agree with bow. If you think about actual battlefield application, something like 1 shot per 5 seconds for a 120+lb warbow was very good, especially if you were accurate. that's 12 rounds (arrows  ::) ) per minute. Of course we have better guns now, but in those days, can you imagine how deadly that would be? each man could take out up to 12 people at that rate, very devastating if you don't have skilled archers like that, and even if you did its still a crushing amount of casualties per minute. Assuming that one of every 3 hit there mark, a group of 15,000 archers would be inflicting 5,000 casualties per minute. I think if any army had 150,000 accurate archers like that, they would have been unbeatable. Anyway, yes that is some impressive shooting on her part. i know i cant shoot that fast, let alone shoot more than 9 per minute, and at 25 ft im only able to hit a few...
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline Scowler

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »
The girl definitly has some mad archery skills.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 10:42:45 pm »
I would like to see a close up of her grip. It looks kinda like a thumb release,pinch grip? I'm gonna try it tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

But, most of the training I've seen for Horse Archery is like that.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 01:00:08 am »
A friend shared this one on facebook today - this guy is a machine.  At one point in the video he's got 11 arrows in the air, all shot individually, before the first one hits the ground.  Pretty cool  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2zGnxeSbb3g

Offline Scowler

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 08:50:31 am »
Impressive speed shooting technique but he does not appear to get a very long draw.  This is, probably, one of the reasons that he is so fast.  As far as penetrating the maile shirt there would have been a heavily padded "shirt" called a Gambeson (I think) worn under the maile.  This Gambeson would have had greater arrow stooping properties then just a maile shirt.