Author Topic: bitten badly by the bow-bug  (Read 4040 times)

Offline bow101

Re: bitten badly by the bow-bug
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 07:40:01 pm »
    :)............Yup this bow thing is a great time killer. Why did I not get into it sooner I'll never know. I t seems like Archery is making a big comeback.
I think because it has become an Olympic Sport and many Movies (Hollywood, Disney) etc. are archery related in a sense, (Avatar) (Lord of the Rings). They even have a series on TV it's called Arrow. Never watched an episode yet but will... :)

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline randman

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 09:12:54 pm »
I really am hooked on this. It is my waking thought and what i think about right before I bed down haha

O yeah, it's hopeless now, you're definitely too far gone!

Good job! Love the quiver. My only critique is what Bubby said.....need to get it bending more mid to outer limb (next one will be much better). Probably took so much set for that reason. You can see in the unbraced profile shot that most of the set is in the fade area which is the place you don't want it to take set because it translates into the most tip movement. You got some good poundage outa that sap wood though.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:39:31 pm by randman »
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline bubby

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 09:47:13 pm »
one tool that ya want is a tillering gizzmo when your starting out, will help a ton with the tiller, find it at the top of the how to page, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 10:58:25 pm »
If you can convince your girlfriend to stick around after this , you better get a ring ! Not many out there that have the patience of a bowyers wife!

Amen!
Clatskanie, Oregon