Author Topic: Golf Cart Distraction  (Read 1095 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Golf Cart Distraction
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:15:50 am »
Here's my distraction to get me out of my bow building slump.  It's a gas golf cart, a par car, that's been sitting outside under a red oak for about 5 years.

The engine is "recently" replaced.  The squirrels and rats had quite the acorn storage facility in the engine compartment.  This is after about 30 minutes of clean-up.  We couldn't even see the engine at first.

3 of the 4 tires are flat and probably shot.  It has a nice flip seat in back that converts into a flat bed for hauling stuff.

I wish I could say it was mine, but I'm just restoring it for the land owner in return for being able to use it when we're hunting and maintaining feeders.  We'll probably build a small shed out there to put it in so it doesn't get back into this shape.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: Golf Cart Distraction
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 11:22:25 am »
George it looks like you've got some work to do. ;D By the time you're done with this project the staves will probably be calling. Nice old cart though and should work great for doing all those errands around the place.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:44:54 pm »
Take the governer off the engine, add a rollcage, and install seatbelts!    >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 04:00:43 pm »
Its a shame the tires are shot.  Looks like they still have a lot of tread on them.  I have been talking to my son about trying to find a golf cart to fix up together.  Good luck with it George.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »
Thanks guys.  This will be my second golf cart project.  The first was to create 1 hunting electric cart out of 2 I picked up on Craig's List for cheap.  Here's what that one looks like at work at the lease.

I'm looking forward to getting started on this one.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 06:09:35 pm »

Ooooooh!  Oooooooh!, put an idler wheel, near the seat section, and put a spring, or
shock absorber, on it, and put one more idler in between that and the rear, and put
tracks!  We used to make tracks for our half tracks with split conveyor belts, and then bolt on the cleats, that were "U" shaped in the middle, and angled flat on the ends.  You would have one BOSS cart! :o 8) 8) ;) ;D

Wayne

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 11:48:48 pm »
That's looking really nice George :D

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.