Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 837879 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2013, 10:07:50 pm »
That's alright Pearlie, lighten it up a bit and dye it to match your purse.  ::)  ;D
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2013, 10:18:20 pm »
 ;D  ;D  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2013, 10:24:36 pm »
Speakin of purse Dave, nice DOE you shot the other day. And Clint.....you keep your trap running and that osage log at the Classic wont cost me a thing!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2013, 11:36:54 pm »
well today i shot bows with a friend, worked on an ironwood longbow for the same friend, chased a ring on an osage bow for my dad, it's a nasty stave 8 knots, 6 pin knots 2 grub holes, prop twist, a sharb kink toward the back and to one side about 5" in one limb, and a bit of deflex in the other, honestly i don't know if it's gonna work, and watched the movie "Gray One" it was stupid that's about all i have to say about that, i think every other word was F*** or s***. other than that it was a pretty good day, there was a chinook wind all day which makes sense since i live about 7 miles away from the town of chinook mt, it melted all the snow but it's sapposed to snow 8 or 10 inches tomorrow.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2013, 07:21:45 am »
Well yesterday I got a string on a hickory.Day before I heat treated another.Both from one big stave.Center shot with the natural wiggles they have.Same design & layout.If not one the other gets attention.This after sinewing a couple of bows.Warm weather in the the winter you know.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2013, 10:31:40 am »
Got the next two days off so I'm heading back to the farm to finish my bowseason. I might bring some tools and cut down a hackberry and a hickory.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2013, 10:33:43 am »
last nite(wed) was our weekly bow making group. worked on a nearly complete osage.
and sharpened an old hatchet a pal gave me over the holidays.
helped a cupla new folks get  their staves worked down to a ring.
i remember how frustrated i got on my first osage bow trying to "see" the rings
now it comes natural but its obviously its a learning process.
sure is fun to watch new folks eyes light up as things begin to come together for em.
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2013, 10:57:12 am »
Pearly  :embarassed:
What color stain you need to go with your purse ,Maybe I can get you some at work !!
 ;)
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Roy

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2013, 12:07:56 pm »
Pretty sure Pearlys purse is hot pink:)

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2013, 12:16:55 pm »
naw pearlys more of a purple with polka dots kinda guy >:D
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2013, 01:36:25 pm »
I got a proposition for all you mouth runnin' sissy's. How's about I grab my (soon to be) pink bow and give you a 30 yard head start?!?!?!?!?! Is that too close you think?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2013, 02:24:51 pm »
I got a proposition for all you mouth runnin' sissy's. How's about I grab my (soon to be) pink bow and give you a 30 yard head start?!?!?!?!?! Is that too close you think?

HAHAHA!!!

Finished these 4 last night, gotta get 'em sent off now.

The caps are (left to right) walnut, buffalo horn, walnut/cherry, Osage.

I'm started to get the bow bug again, so I might have to go dig something out of the pile. Yew, Osage, mulberry... Hmmm???

Scott

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2013, 02:31:32 pm »
Great looking knives Scott.

Offline Roy

« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2013, 03:36:37 pm »
Pearl I think yad do better putten rocks in yer purse and throwing the purse. Prolly go further than yer arrows fly.
Very nice knives, Scott.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:40:58 pm by Roy »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2013, 03:55:15 pm »
Those knives are awesome.  How do you finish the turkey legs?

If anyone has some pink dye, I could sure use some.  It's for my niece's bow, not Pearly's  ;)     ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left