Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 837941 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2013, 10:14:26 pm »
Hang in there bud my 3 year old picked the flu up yesterday :( 
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2013, 11:38:32 pm »
Today was the last decent day before we get some really cold weather around here. Could have hunted again but that has been futile in the past couple weeks, seeing nothing at all the last few trips out. So spent the day outdoors with the wife and our dog hiking. We did about six miles through the woods in my hunting area and also explored some beautiful river bluff canyons. It was a good day but she pushed us hard on the trail and my knees are hurting tonight. I enjoy a slow paced long hike but Sharons in it for the no pain no gain
type exercise hike. It was a good day spent with my favorite person though and worth the pain. :)
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2013, 12:20:43 am »
That is some beautiful country there. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2013, 12:42:55 am »
Those big rock shelves are cool, Greg.
   I've been off work since before Christmas. It is a yearly planned layoff and I get seasonal unemployment til March.   So, my wife thought this would be a great time to paint the inside of our house. We are doing it a little at a time but only started yesterday with some of the trim work.   
   ...and it has been too warm here for this time of year. It was 70 today.  >:(
 Our low tonight(about 50) is what our high should be with 20 at night. The whole Eastern half of the country is in this heat wave while the West is in the deep freeze. Denver was 8 this afternoon.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2013, 01:38:01 am »
 I received my first sack of turkey feathers from a buddy of mine.  I gave him a bow back before Christmas and he offered to pay me.  I told him just to give me any of the turkey wings he comes across.  He is a son-in-law to the busiest taxidermist in these parts and the whole family is a bunch of avid turkey hunters.  I really wasn't expecting to see any feathers till spring, but I am already stocked up on my fletchings! :)
  The warm rain has sort of put a damper on the hunting around here.  I did take a fox squirrel with my recurve in a little strip of woods between pastures out back of the house.  Skinned him out and tacked him to piece of wood.  He will be part of a rawhide bowstring before long.  I skinned the tail out for string silencers.   
  Shot my bow a little into the hay bale in the backyard.   Rained started up again, so I went into the shop and finished chasing a ring on a black locust stave that I got from Greg.  I also worked on a winged elm that is dealing me grief.  It is deflexed, propeller twisted, and just downright contrary!  I have heated, steamed, bent, straightened, and doggone near given up on this piece a couple of times....    Oh well, I am committed to torturing this thing into a bow.  Back at work now 7 -7.  yee haw.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2013, 09:02:07 am »
I spent most of Saturday visiting with "Ryoon". He worked on an osage stave I gave him, we stitched a grip on another rig of his and added some skrat silencers to the string. It was a good visit and Im glad we made it happen. Its so much easier to get and give perspective when you can see a persons face and hear their voice, this electronic communication will be our demise one day! As usual with this "crowd", he left with a bunch of stuff and he left a bunch of stuff. Including one of his recent hickory creations! ;)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2013, 01:31:14 pm »
Joy looks like another few inches lastninte back to working in the pond today

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2013, 01:50:29 pm »
Sterling, in a few days you might be able to do a bit of ice skating around your drill rig!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2013, 02:46:02 pm »
Hehe true pat ice and rig dont mix well  ;D i hate it  when my gloves freeze to the slips and when i throw them in the rotary my gloves slip off my hands and it looks like a ghost is holding the slips wearing my gloves  :o and there are ice sickles hanging from my hard hat  lol. Well the good news is Sullivan will be here in a few weeks cant wait to see my new baby boy   

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2013, 03:38:01 pm »
What did you do 9 months ago?  :-[

Offline seabass

« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2013, 04:30:46 pm »
congrats Sterling.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2013, 04:58:19 pm »
JW
The Sparrow hawk and the Screech Owl are my favorites !
Sure wish Ohio would not make it so hard to keep them !
Share some pics with us please!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2013, 05:22:30 pm »
JW
The Sparrow hawk and the Screech Owl are my favorites !
Sure wish Ohio would not make it so hard to keep them !
Share some pics with us please!
Guy

They, and all raptors in the United States that are protected with some pretty serious laws.  I hold a Special Use/Educational Permit from the US Fish & Wildlife service to keep these birds.  I am required to meet their minimum standards for training and experience, housing, and have to turn in reports regularly indicating how many education/conservation programs I have done with each bird, etc.  At a minimum, I must do 12 programs with each bird on our permit.  Most years I have that requiment fulfilled by the third week of January.  Last year our non-profit did 177 programs!

I use up close to 25 hours a week for this organization and I still do not draw any reimbursement, we are all volunteer operated.  You just have to come along on one school classroom visit and watch those kids' faces to understand why I do it.

That and the birdpoop tea.  Mind you, it's not as good as BevanR's weasel poo coffee, right Iowabow???
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Stringman

« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2013, 06:32:26 pm »
That was some good coffee!! How's Bevan doing?

Scott

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2013, 06:36:15 pm »
What did you do 9 months ago?  :-[
do i have to explain it hehehe  :o jk. My wife will be happy to have her body back once the symbiont is out of its temporary host.