Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 838430 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2013, 07:51:52 pm »
If you give the pike skins a skim coat of CA glue like Gordon does on his snakeskin backings, maybe the scales would stay intact?

That's a mean looking forge Leroy, can't wait to see what comes out of it!

Offline seabass

« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2013, 09:49:04 pm »
Leroy,i miss ice fishing so much.i wish i could be catching those pike with ya.we don't get good ice any more.i can't remember the last time we had 3".it is good to see you catching some.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2013, 10:04:14 pm »
Mmmm, love catching and eating pike....Y bones and all!  Pike=snot rockets, water wolves, freshwater barracuda, slough sharks.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2013, 08:49:49 am »
If you give the pike skins a skim coat of CA glue like Gordon does on his snakeskin backings, maybe the scales would stay intact?

That's a mean looking forge Leroy, can't wait to see what comes out of it!

Worth a try Cam?

Leroy TBIII was used to hold the pike skins down. I was dissapointed when I seen it. I wanted a pike skinned bow badly! You know how us northern guys are about our northerns!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2013, 11:34:01 am »
Cam, going brain dead CA glue? :-[
Want to hookup the forge to natural gas in the shop. Some tweeking should be ready to roll hopefully in a couple weeks.
Steve, Ifin you get up here sometime we'll drag the shanty out.
JW, It was beer battered and deep fried with homecut fries Mmmmmmmmmm
No bones. Ms Kerrie doesn't like bones in fish as I'm told.
Pearl Drums, I was thinking TBIII but it does dry a darker colour maybe it washes the colour out. I was going to scale the fish first according to grass carp skinalong. Any advice is always welcome. Never used fish or snake skin only rawhide. Yes we do like our northerns.
Thanks leroy
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:39:18 am by Stoker »
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2013, 11:38:53 am »
Stoker, CA glueis super glue!  ;)
  TBIII works well for fish skins but so does TB, TBII and any of the water based carpenters glues as well as hide glue or fish glue.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Stoker

« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2013, 12:50:20 pm »
Thanks Pat...I went completely blank. Figured I'd ask  ;) Just about 50 some days I can't remember the simple stuff  ??? Got hide glue and TBIII it has worked good for me on rawhide.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2013, 12:50:55 pm »
Spent most of my morning on PA discussing Pos/Neg tiller. ??? ???  ;D ;D ;D man I need to get a life. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2013, 12:52:32 pm »
Yo have a "good life" Pappy!   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2013, 01:10:50 pm »
A good one if I had to bet!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Roy

« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »
Spent most of my morning on PA discussing Pos/Neg tiller. ??? ???  ;D ;D ;D man I need to get a life. ;) ;D

LOL me too, Pappy:)

Offline Keenan

« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2013, 06:24:51 pm »

LOL me too, Pappy:)

Oh My, I'm worst off then both of you. I responded to it this morning, left for a while then came right back to it for more,,,,,,,,,,,,,Help ::)

Offline darwin

« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2013, 06:52:45 pm »
I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, only to realize that our 3 dogs were all sick and had pooped, pee'd, and vomited everywhere in the night (I'm not sure whats going on with them). Drove to work in bad rain, tried to by a breakfast burrito only to have my card declined, so no breakfast. Then as i have one leg in my scrubs trying to change for work (i do lab work) i get a call from my bank telling me that someone spent over $900 at walmart using my check card and that my card has been deactivated. they should cover all the fraudulent charges and refund my money but for now with my only card deactivated and no cash ...... :(

On top of that I got called into the vp office to tell me that they are putting me on a regulations committee, which means more work but no more money, like a promotion without a raise, i just hope they remember the stuff i do for them when it comes time for my review next month.

lastly i am having dinner with mother tonight, hopefully that will be fun

Its been a long day for me ...

Offline seabass

« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2013, 07:05:58 pm »
sorry to hear your troubles darwin and hope all gets better for you.just remember,with every bad thing something good will follow.have a great dinner with your mom
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2013, 06:42:56 am »
Howdy folks! Longtime no see. Just finished reading through this thread.

I really need to make time to drop in more often and get back to makin shavings!
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway