Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 838883 times)

Offline Shiloh

Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #450 on: February 07, 2013, 12:47:38 am »
Awwww, cute.  :) I love birds of prey, especially owls.
Warning: I am one of the men the Pharisees warned you about.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #451 on: February 07, 2013, 05:38:42 am »
JW, that's neat! Fine craftsmanship too.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #452 on: February 07, 2013, 10:43:05 am »
What i did this morning installed a new poweratroke 3 reso head with a 5" port hole :)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Roy

« Reply #453 on: February 08, 2013, 07:32:35 pm »
Got my tri lam cut out, damn she got some sexy curves.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #454 on: February 08, 2013, 07:57:21 pm »
Thats looking great Roy.  You sure make some fine laminated bows.

Today I got this 52" bow floor tillered, shaped the handle, and rounded all the edges.  I got it all set up on my reflex caul and then I realized most of my clamps were on my D/R bow from where I made a string alignment bend.  I want to reflex it, flip the tips, and sinew back it. 

Also today I learned to never try to pick up a nervous cat when the wife is running the vaccum cleaner.  You can see the results on the back of my hand.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:17:02 am by osage outlaw »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline seabass

« Reply #455 on: February 08, 2013, 08:07:39 pm »
man,that cat tore you up buddy.nice looking bow.i am wanting to make a shortie sinew backed bow.i can't wait to see your progress Clint.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Roy

« Reply #456 on: February 08, 2013, 08:34:10 pm »
AH Geeze Oh Man Clint.... Ya mean a little kitty cat tore ya up, son?

Ifin ya had big gunships like Pearly Boy has ya could have whooped up on that kitty cat...  :laugh:

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #457 on: February 08, 2013, 09:26:39 pm »
Tha t scratched up hands not nearly as bad as a friend of mines  was when we were kids. We were fishing from the end of a sand bar in a creek when we saw a fox squirrel climbing up a large sycamore tree that leaned out over the creek. Just as the squirrel got out over the water the bark onthe tree peeled of and into the creek he went. Well that squirrel swam back to the bank and went right back up thr same tree. He managed to get to just about the same spot when the bark peeled again and back in the creek he went. By now we were rolling on the ground laughing. Well that squirrel didnt know how to give up so he swam back to shore and up the same tree he went. While the squirrel was climbing we went up on yhe bank and ran down to the tree. Just as we got there the squirrel went into the creek for the third time. When the squirrel made it back to shore he saw us standing there so instead of going up the sycamore he went up a box elder and into a hole about 5 feet up the trunk. Now that hole wasnt deep enough and about half his tail was hanging out. My friend decided we should catch that squirrel. Having been bit by a wounded squirrel once before I said that i would pull it out if he wanted to grab it. He said fine so i cut a stick about 2 feet long and started a split on one end. I managed to get the squirrels tail into the split and started twisting. When i had it twisted enough i started to slowly pull out the squirrel. When it was most of the way out my friend grabbed it by the back of the neck. Well i removed the stick from its tail and my friend was standing there holding it while we were discussing what we should do with it now. Well that squirrel decided it had had enough so it put both hind feet up over its head and sunk all its claws into the back of me friends hand and clawed all the way across it. Needless to say the squirrel got away and my friends hand looked like someone had worked it over with a razor blade. Ended the fishing for that day.
Steve Bennett

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #458 on: February 08, 2013, 11:39:30 pm »
I felt really bad for the cat.  She is a shy timid little thing we got from the pound.  I must have scared her to death.  I was standing behind her and I guess she didn't know I was there.  She turned inside out and crashed into the front of the stove. 

I think I would had to try to catch that squirrel to.  That would be a cool story to say you caught a squirrel with your hands.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:15:45 am by osage outlaw »

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #459 on: February 09, 2013, 12:12:09 am »
'Twas a busy day.  Emptied the wood burner ash bucket.  Started a new fire.  Got on the tractor early, plowed 7-inches of new snow off the long driveway, and the pass to the pole barn.  Got the snowmobile running and towed the kids behind on a sled.  Went out to the woods in back and cut another few days worth of firewood.  (Had a victory beer).  Cooked pizza for dinner and made Miss Heather and her visiting friend drinks.  (Had another beer)  Worked out two of five bow blanks out of a recent billet glue up session.  Whew, I'm wooped.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #460 on: February 09, 2013, 03:26:44 am »
what did i do today with classes canceled....... go sledding during a blizzard  ;D, by the way, the reason my eyes were closed is that the wind was blowing the snow so hard it was painful to look into the wind

because of this im now famous on my campus as the guy wearing shorts and a t shirt in below freezing weather ::)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2013, 11:06:46 am »
Hey Noel, college might be the wrong place for you, buddy.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #462 on: February 09, 2013, 11:36:53 am »
Hey Noel, college might be the wrong place for you, buddy.  ;D

Pat may be right! LOL

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #463 on: February 09, 2013, 12:32:19 pm »
I bet it took an hour for that beard to thaw out  ;D

Today has started out great.  I had to drop my son off at school this morning so on the way home I hit a cane patch I recently found.  I crawled out with 48 shafts.  Then when I got home I went to swap out memory cards in my trail camera.  On the way back to the car I found a nice shed antler in the yard.  And when I checked my pictures, I got some of a good buck with his full rack still on.  Now I'm headed out to my workshop to start reflexing that short bow. 

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #464 on: February 09, 2013, 12:41:51 pm »
I meant to post this yesterday so it would fit into what I did today. I made a heat treating reflex caul and cut 12 2" holes in it with a hole saw bit ( whew that was some work) for the clamps. I also built a little stand/ holder for the heat gun. I been just rigging something redneck up and finally decided to make something that would make it easier to do and more consistent. Today I will be putting the jig to use by heat treating a little hackberry bow I made my step mom. I will also get another hackberry bow I have roughed out that I started for my wife at least to floor tiller stage as well debarking a couple staves and shooting the stuffed animal course with Rocky later in the afternoon.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God