Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 838867 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #495 on: February 11, 2013, 09:34:28 pm »
Not just today but over the last week or so...

resulting in these works in progress...
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #496 on: February 11, 2013, 09:43:25 pm »
Great score Bubby

Pat them looks good ;) ;D

Offline seabass

« Reply #497 on: February 11, 2013, 09:47:56 pm »
looking good Pat.after work i took all the sinew off an old bow that i had been meaning to finish.i followed Pats advice and it worked out perfectly.thank you Pat.you helped a bunch brother.i now need to do some heat corrections,add some reflex and put the new sinew on properly this time.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #498 on: February 11, 2013, 09:51:09 pm »
That's a fine row of bows you got going there Pat. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline seabass

« Reply #499 on: February 11, 2013, 10:06:29 pm »
hey Pat,i just saw that you have the tool caddy for your stave master.hows that working for ya.i have been meaning to get one,just haven't done it yet.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline trad bow

« Reply #500 on: February 11, 2013, 10:45:04 pm »
Nice desk Pat. Would work great for arrow making, string making and tying some flies. Great looking bows.   Jeff

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #501 on: February 11, 2013, 11:05:55 pm »
Thanks guys. It feels good to breath orange sawdust again.
  The tool caddy is very convenient. I need to add a magnet or two for scrapers.
  By the way, just soak the sinew to remove the glue and reuse it.
 Jeff the desk has seen lots of projects over the years. It is very sturdy and handy.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline seabass

« Reply #502 on: February 11, 2013, 11:14:40 pm »
thanks for the info Pat.i use magnetic sticky backed strips for my scrapers.i can bring you some to the classic if you would like some.let me know brother
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #503 on: February 11, 2013, 11:53:06 pm »
Let's see?  What did I do today?  Oh yeah!

I crapped a concrete cinder block when I got my bow trade name.  This young feller is someone I think has some real talent as a bowyer.  His fondness for character bows is only exceeded by his mania for decoration! 

Yup.  This is gonna be a tough bow to do.  I think I may go the opposite direction for him, plain and simple.  But that means I got nothing to hide behind in my tillering.  Sometimes you can blame poor tillering on character, but a plain bow doesn't offer that opportunity. 

Yup. This is gonna be a tough bow to do.  I like this kid.  I wanna do this right.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #504 on: February 12, 2013, 12:11:40 am »
I finished up another knife and sheath.  Stocking up I guess.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #505 on: February 12, 2013, 12:17:42 am »
Yes, magnetic self adhesive strip would be nice. I looked at Lowe's for some but the "assistant" just looked at me like I was nuts. I'm planning on bringing my Stave Master to the Classic so just bring a piece then.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #506 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51:57 am »
Some fine looking bows laying there Pat.  I know you have to feel just great sitting on that Stave Master and pulling of yellow shavings ;) ;) ;)

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #507 on: February 12, 2013, 10:14:44 am »
sweet Pat!
like yr desk/work station.

Happy Fat Tuesday!!
just got home from the 5am parade.
turned off when they headed to a downtown bar that opens for em at 7a on fat tuesday
decided to not do as i did last year-didnt get home till about the same time the next morning....
whew! getting to old to party that hard/long(did get a 3 hr nap on a friends couch in between...)
will catch up with the krewe for the big parade tonite
have a good un
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:53:33 am by sadiejane »
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Roy

« Reply #508 on: February 12, 2013, 10:46:12 am »
Sadie LMAO:) Been there done that myself...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #509 on: February 12, 2013, 10:54:14 am »
The top one is yours Charlie. I wrapped the handle in news paper to spray satin poly over the Tru-Oil finish.  All she need now is a bit more shooting before she heads out to her new home in VA.
  The second from the bottom is Katt's bow. Just about the same stage of completion as yours. The other two came from the "corner of shame" for another chance at life. One will be a kids bow for the classic raffle table and I'm not sure about the other one yet.
  Happy Fat Tuesday to you too Sadie. I get your drift. I grew up in Savannah and we had one of the three biggest celebrations in the US for St Patricks Day; New york and Boston the other two. Long days with lots of embibing will surely take it toll. I don't miss those days much anymore...I do still hold on to some of the memories. ;)