Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 837941 times)

blackhawk

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #795 on: March 30, 2013, 09:06:31 pm »
Geez Clint....you stocking up for the end of the world or what? You've been tearing some up lately pal ;)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #796 on: March 30, 2013, 11:32:16 pm »
Geez Clint....you stocking up for the end of the world or what? You've been tearing some up lately pal ;)

I didn't cut any last year so I guess I'm making up for it now.  I've been trying to find some nice straight stuff and all I keep finding is crazy grained.  I wish mine would have split as easily as your ash.  Took me about two hours to get one log in half today.  I could have used some DLH power.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Roy

« Reply #797 on: March 31, 2013, 01:11:28 am »
Looks like the front tires are off the ground on that Dodge:) Frame is prolly bent too:)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #798 on: March 31, 2013, 01:31:40 am »
She was setting a little low in the back Roy, even with the beefed up suspension.  I only had to drive a hundred yards to unload it.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Roy

« Reply #799 on: March 31, 2013, 01:36:08 am »
LOL, at least she made it home in one piece:)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #800 on: March 31, 2013, 02:01:27 am »
Today we had our family Easter fun fair at church. Great time. Then we came home and we all cleaned house some. Diego and I finished painting a small mower trailer my brother gave me. Then we went out and tried to locate some turkeys with no luck. Put a gun rack on the 4 wheeler, took some time the see the folks, came home and grilled some burgers and corn on the cob. My brother and his family came in for the rest of the weekend. We had dinner, watched a movie with the family and now it's bed time.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #801 on: March 31, 2013, 01:56:42 pm »
I didn't want a browned barrel and furniture on my fowler so I opted for gray. I used oxpho blue and rubbed it back to gray, came out really attractive. I am going to wait until after turkey season to file off the casting marks on the lock and polish and gray it to match the barrel.

I polished all the lock internals and drilled the touch hole to 5/64", the gun goes off like a percussion gun.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:00:25 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #802 on: March 31, 2013, 02:33:52 pm »
Gotta rush out some bow blanks for this coming weekend at the Stull Preserve.  Had any Wicki big enough to hold a draw knife, peeling bark and sapwood!   ;D :D :laugh:

Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #803 on: March 31, 2013, 02:55:38 pm »
Child labor I tell you, it's child labor...lol..    What a great thing to have a family doing.  Awesome Matt.

Offline Roy

« Reply #804 on: March 31, 2013, 07:50:07 pm »
Eric I see a flaw, what's up with that ole boy?:) LOL Very nice work, Eric

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #805 on: April 01, 2013, 10:26:33 am »
Nice pic Matt....Somebody with a grey hoodie looks quite a bit taller than he did in August last year!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #806 on: April 01, 2013, 11:10:53 am »
...and Miss Heather looks so much slimmer then when I saw her last May.  ;)   The family that works together...!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #807 on: April 01, 2013, 12:33:18 pm »
Spent the day hiking the mountains with Hawk, Marian, Joshia Huston and my wife.  Together we only found three elk sheds, one new one, one last years shed and a spike.  I think Hawk is geathering some horns for the Classic!  Beautiful day and some long hikes!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Stringman

« Reply #808 on: April 01, 2013, 08:15:53 pm »
Easter Sunday had some family over and my bro-in-law wanted to shoot some clays

He was pretty rusty, and he was borrowing my 870, but we had fun!

Got this hide started early today and it never did get much color. Oh well, wood's cheap! Lovin these spring days!

Scott

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #809 on: April 01, 2013, 09:36:06 pm »
I polished all the lock internals and drilled the touch hole to 5/64", the gun goes off like a percussion gun.

I like the grey look, mighty sweet.  Ain't a well tuned flintlock a joy to shoot?  Everyone seems to think it's KLATCH..swissssssssssssshhhh..BOOM!  It can be,, but that's no fun!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.