Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 838911 times)

Offline seabass

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #855 on: April 08, 2013, 08:49:44 pm »
i might be able to throw in some snack cakes and chips Charlie.oh,and beer.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #856 on: April 08, 2013, 11:42:45 pm »
Painted the garage door's, and one front door.  Finished washing the sheets and blankets for Pappy's cabin for his friends visiting for the classic.  Hope to finish a friends retirement plaque tomorrow.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline bubby

« Reply #857 on: April 09, 2013, 06:21:45 pm »
took the bow I got from pearlie down to the river and got some pics and did some stumping, man this is a great bow, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #858 on: April 09, 2013, 07:16:39 pm »
Went turkey hunting with my new flintlock, heard one gobble about a mile away, once, didn't go after it as I was in an area of 100 ft shear cliffs with few passages to the creek bottom below. Saw 4 deer, found some super new places to deer hunt(public land), didn't hear another peep out any turkey all morning and I covered a lot of ground. Later in the morning I had a dozer working on one side of me and a large tractor bushhoging cut over on the other side of the area I was hunting, too noisy for any self respecting turkey to hang around I suspect.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #859 on: April 09, 2013, 10:57:59 pm »
Today I mowed grass   :P
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #860 on: April 10, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »
I shot my yew bow a bunch and finished off some boo arrows for her, gotta have a new set to lose/break at the Classic in a few weeks! Im a horrible shot nowadays.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline hatcha

« Reply #861 on: April 10, 2013, 03:12:10 pm »
Sprayed a Douglas fir shaft with gloss black auto paint to see how it'd look.  Turned out quite nicely so I glued on a nock, 190gn field point and three red shield-cut fletches.  Quite happy with how it all turned out so I might spray another five shafts and make a mini-set - I've got three cans of that spray paint :D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #862 on: April 10, 2013, 09:57:31 pm »
Spent four hours shoveling snow and counting the days until the Tennessee Classic!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #863 on: April 10, 2013, 10:16:38 pm »
Spent 3 hours at a Cabela's grand opening today.  All I bought was a Primitive Archer magazine.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #864 on: April 11, 2013, 12:45:20 am »
It was 89 degrees here today so I mowed grass first, planted a pine tree, worked on patterning my fowler with #4 shot. I had a bore brush break off all the way in my barrel so I had to take my gun apart, pull the breech plug and knock the bore brush out, this ended my shooting session.

My friend Sammy called and said he had some turkey wings for me. We visited a while and I started processing the wings for sending to David Mitchell. There were 20 wings and 8 fans in the garbage bags. Some had been ridden around in someone's truck for several days and were a bit ripe, they were soaking wet as well. I don't cull anything, just put on my rubber gloves and go to work. Took a while to get the secondaries skinned off, primaries clipped and all raw flesh slathered in borax.

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #865 on: April 11, 2013, 08:17:40 pm »
took a road trip with a pal to finalize the sale of my folks home. pops passed in '01, mother passed in '09. took me 3 years to even get it on the market. just couldnt deal with it. they bought that house when i was 4 yrs old. sorta sad to see the old family place leave the family. but also relieved to not be responsible for it anymore....visited some dear old friends while there. kirks an old bowyer, knapper, gunsmith, knife maker all around good fella. his wife gloria bakes the best cinnamon rolls ya ever sunk yr teeth into. came home with a bunch of cinnamon rolls, farm fresh eggs and the only three morels kirk has found so far(he absolutely would not let me refuse). now thats what i call friends....the blessings in this life always outweigh the curses
wild women don't get the blues

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #866 on: April 12, 2013, 10:11:04 am »
I finally got back in my shop last night after several days away from it, yuck. I proceeded to break a bow and started another before the dust settled.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Roy

« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2013, 05:37:57 pm »
Today Pearly sent me a text and said my bees wax was on the way. And his care package of a chunk of tanned black deer hide, a chunk of beaver hide for beaver balls, and a pair of buffalo horn tip overlays are heading his way. Trad guys are the bestest:)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #868 on: April 12, 2013, 06:06:13 pm »
With that set of ears you have, you would think you could get enough wax to do about anything you need it to. ;D

Offline Roy

« Reply #869 on: April 12, 2013, 07:37:12 pm »
Charlie, I'm bout ready to make a road trip down there and thump ya old timer:)