Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 838903 times)

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1155 on: May 31, 2013, 05:47:04 pm »
How cool is that, Sadie. Way more room than the 1/4 of my garage my wife lets me have. You'll be spittin em out in no time, now.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1156 on: May 31, 2013, 10:35:21 pm »
Sadie, I am dead jealous over those windows.  Natural light just can't be duplicated!  Hope some day I can decorate the floor with some curls from my spokeshave!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #1157 on: June 02, 2013, 04:06:31 pm »
Looks to me like we all need to head over Sadie's way Woohoo !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1158 on: June 02, 2013, 04:42:38 pm »
Wow, I'm not going to add the news I recieved yesterday, this thread is depressing enough right now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #1159 on: June 03, 2013, 09:34:55 am »
Sadie, I am dead jealous over those windows.  Natural light just can't be duplicated!  Hope some day I can decorate the floor with some curls from my spokeshave!

you guys are always welcome to stop in anytime your in Kansas City. got two shave benches and a cupla vises so come on over anytime!
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1160 on: June 03, 2013, 10:45:21 am »
Well...... You all might remember my post of a few weeks ago about removing monster poplar tree from my back yard.

We had company yesterday afternoon, never heard a sound, looked out my back window on my way through the house and saw this.

Much more massive than the poplar I removed previously. This is going to be a challenge to get rid of by myself. Anybody need 4 or 5 cords of good red oak firewood?

On this site I guess I should offer" free red oak bow staves. you cut,  all you want for free".

Offline hatcha

« Reply #1161 on: June 05, 2013, 03:41:57 pm »
Made some gorgeous golden-yellow shavings and dust...  ;)

Offline Roy

« Reply #1162 on: June 05, 2013, 10:21:54 pm »
Packed up the truck and trailer to head out to the 3 day Pa Longbow Association shoot at Marsh Hill in the morning. Have about 6 bows and 60 arrows loaded up too:) Nice 4 hour drive north through the mountains to get there:)

Offline AH

« Reply #1163 on: June 05, 2013, 10:41:49 pm »
  Well, I just got back from hiking half dome and I'm dead tired...
but I got a bit of tillering done on my yew war bow stave, which I got from Carson, and also broke my scale... :(
the thing was reading about 50-60 ish pounds at about 17-18" when the knot in the rope that pulled the scale let go.  I thought it was another explosion, :o
but the yew is undamaged.
I'm taking this bow real slow right now. I would be real bummed out if it blew, and after I whip-tillered my last yew war bow attempt I'm really paranoid.  :-\
at least I have an actual tillering tree now.

I also finished up this knife that I had been working on.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1164 on: June 05, 2013, 11:34:04 pm »
I spent most of today with the wife and kids.  Today is the first day of summer vacation for them.  We played some cornhole, tossed a frisbee around the yard, grilled some burgers, and I let my son drive me up and down the road a few times.  I did find some time to do some tillering on a short sinew backed bow.  Its getting close.  I need to get the handle bending a bit more and work on a stiff spot in the top limb.  Its holding more than 2" of reflex.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline seabass

« Reply #1165 on: June 06, 2013, 07:13:55 am »
nice job Clint.i still haven't processed my sinew for my shortie.i just hate shredding that stuff.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #1166 on: June 06, 2013, 08:36:12 am »
I started on my winter storage of vegetables and camping/hunting food this morning.  Six pounds of white mushrooms, but only five fit in the dehydrator.
/user/STRINGSTRETCHER/media/dehydrating/mushrooms002_zps47763c29.jpg.html][/URL]

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #1167 on: June 06, 2013, 09:23:31 am »
Lookin sweet there, Clint. She's bending might nice!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #1168 on: June 06, 2013, 12:35:07 pm »
@ Livefortheoutdoors - You came all the way to Yosemite and did not stop to visit me in the NDN Museum? I am verily crushed! Next time perhaps.
YosemiteBen

Offline AH

« Reply #1169 on: June 06, 2013, 12:38:49 pm »
@ Livefortheoutdoors - You came all the way to Yosemite and did not stop to visit me in the NDN Museum? I am verily crushed! Next time perhaps.
YosemiteBen
oops...sorry! ;D ::)
well, we got there late in the night sunday, hiked all through monday, and then left tuesday...so if I had time I think i would of come visited