Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 838989 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1770 on: March 03, 2014, 10:14:19 am »
Memories is memories Derik, I heard the casings hit the ground and my first thought was, "grab 'em"! Grandpa NEVER talked about his time in Iwo Jima as a scout, but he was as proud of his service as a guy could be.

Here is a brief timeline:

12-14 yrs old - watched his sister get hit by a car as they walked to Easter church service, she died and he went missing for a few days from the trauma.

18 yrs old - basic training and off to fight WWII

30 yrs old - whole house totally destroyed by a tornado direct hit - nobody seriously injured

69 yrs old - buried his 49 yr old son

77 yrs old - watched gram's pass while they where driving around in the U.P. of Michigan

87 yrs old - buried his 65 yr old son

89 yrs old - He finally gets to rest! Id say he earned it.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1771 on: March 03, 2014, 10:43:18 am »
Sorry for your loss, Pearlie but those memories will keep your grandpa in your thoughts forever.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Stoker

« Reply #1772 on: March 03, 2014, 06:41:59 pm »
Sorry for your loss pearl drums...
I was doing the grampa thing this weekend.. Three hockey windups... Too much time sitting in a cold rink... Gramma Kerrie got a mementoe of her granddaughters last game of the season.. A litle guy put the stick around her and brought her down.. She went to one knee and lost the puck.. He wasn't fast enough as he skated away Hallie grabed his stick and brought him down... 2 minutes holding
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #1773 on: March 03, 2014, 07:58:52 pm »
GO HALLIE!! GO HALLIE!! That's awesome Stoker! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1774 on: March 03, 2014, 08:46:57 pm »
Worked on a new bow for my daughter.  She has outgrown the last one I made for her.  I got it floor tillered and scraped smooth.  It was pretty straight with a slight kink in one end.  It straightened out really easy on the caul with a little heat.  Added some extra reflex to.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #1775 on: March 03, 2014, 08:59:32 pm »
Looks good Clint, 
I'm finding myself ....that lately I'm putting more reflex in my bows than what my first caul will do also. 
I'm in the process of making my son-in-law and daughter a his and hers bow.  They both like shooting.  We just don't get enough time together to do it.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1776 on: March 03, 2014, 09:18:02 pm »
A new more reflexed caul is on my to do list Bill.  I'm tired of adding spacers on every bow I put on it.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #1777 on: March 03, 2014, 09:24:33 pm »
Me too, If you didn't glue yours like I did mine...you could unscrew it and re-saw it with your new bandsaw to make it.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1778 on: March 03, 2014, 09:29:23 pm »
Good thinking Bill.  I just used a bunch of drywall screws to hold it together. 

Offline Stoker

« Reply #1779 on: March 04, 2014, 10:20:37 am »
GO HALLIE!! GO HALLIE!! That's awesome Stoker! dp

That's what Gramma Kerrie was screaming.... It's her new screen saver ;D ;D
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1780 on: March 07, 2014, 09:10:56 pm »
Took the family out to dinner for the wife's birthday.  They sang to her in the restaurant and embarrassed her pretty good.  When we got the bill someone had paid $50 towards it.  No clue who it was.  We didn't know anyone in there.  All the waiter would say is that someone helped out with the bill.  That was a very generous gift from someone.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1781 on: March 07, 2014, 10:29:53 pm »
Sometimes that good that you spread around comes back to you Clint!  Wish your sweetheart a happy birthday from me!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #1782 on: March 08, 2014, 08:34:43 pm »
Today I did my first Ranger Lead snowshoe walk! We have one of three ski areas inside a national park! you can check out the Badger Pas web cam, just google it.
The first two are of the ski area. One of the group that went with me. One of the cathedral range. One from the drive back to the valley - the turn out is called El Portal view. the little wide space in the bottom is El Portal. The descent from the photo point to the town is about 5000'

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #1783 on: March 09, 2014, 01:04:40 pm »
Spent yesterday morning in my bow shop with Brother Bob Carmichael (Chamookman).  We chewed fat, solved problems and exercised our abilities to be as non-politically correct as we could muster.  A good time, it was.  It was finish day.  Did a bunch of sanding in prep for dipping the bows.  Ended up with three to dip.  Here's a sneak preview of what he's been working on...
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline bubby

« Reply #1784 on: March 09, 2014, 03:07:43 pm »
man talk about a tease matt, that just ain't right :laugh:
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹