Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 837971 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2055 on: November 07, 2014, 08:30:35 am »
Was informed that a grandchild, and her live-in bf, and their baby are coming to live with us for a few months.
I could have handled the news better . . . . . . . .    ::)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2056 on: November 07, 2014, 12:06:55 pm »
Good Luck KNoll! My soon to be 28 yo son and his kids have been with us for the last year and a half. He got accepted for a house and is just waiting on his financier (not me) for help with the payments. Soon back to a quiet house!

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2057 on: November 08, 2014, 05:58:21 pm »
Tn M/L season opened today. My other passion aside from selfbows is flintlocks. I made this rifle from a block of wood and a pile of parts, it has never let me down. Got this 7 point with it this morning.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2058 on: November 08, 2014, 08:50:06 pm »
Nice smoke pole buck Eric.  Should get some good meat from that one. 

Today I found a huge hedge apple while helping my brother in law look for a doe that he shot.  I normally see them softball size.  This one was closer to to volley ball size.  It was massive.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  We spent two hours looking for the doe and only found one spec of blood.  He hit the shoulder blade.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2059 on: November 08, 2014, 09:54:38 pm »
Tn M/L season opened today. Got this 7 point with it this morning.
Nice shootin', Eric.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #2060 on: November 09, 2014, 08:30:56 am »
Nice harvest, Eric. I can smell them deer steaks, now!! :P
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2061 on: November 09, 2014, 01:22:02 pm »
Took the daughter on her first deer hunt this morning.  We have a ground blind set up in a fallen osage tree.  About an hour into the hunt a doe jogged in and stopped in front of us. We were getting ready for the shot when she looked behind her and took off again. I thought maybe a buck would be coming down the trail behind her but it turned out to be a big bobcat. It walked the trail in front of us less than 20 yards away. I've been hunting for 23 years and that is the first time I've seen one in the woods. My daughter got to see one her first time out. I was glad to share that moment with her. It didn't take long for the excitement to pass though. We are heading back out tonight in the same spot.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:25:24 pm by osage outlaw »

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #2062 on: November 09, 2014, 10:08:20 pm »
Sounds like a great day in the woods Clint.  Hope she gets into em tonight.  Very cool seeing the cat. :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2063 on: November 10, 2014, 02:20:56 pm »
Even a nap in the woods is better than a day at work!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2064 on: November 10, 2014, 06:14:57 pm »
Took the daughter on her first deer hunt this morning.  We have a ground blind set up in a fallen osage tree.  About an hour into the hunt a doe jogged in and stopped in front of us. We were getting ready for the shot when she looked behind her and took off again. I thought maybe a buck would be coming down the trail behind her but it turned out to be a big bobcat. It walked the trail in front of us less than 20 yards away. I've been hunting for 23 years and that is the first time I've seen one in the woods. My daughter got to see one her first time out. I was glad to share that moment with her. It didn't take long for the excitement to pass though. We are heading back out tonight in the same spot.

That's great Clint .....cherish these days Clint the days they go by very fast , it seams like just the other day my 6 yr old daughter was out hunting squirrels with me, she is 30 now....
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2065 on: November 10, 2014, 06:20:28 pm »
Just got back from deer camp....Saw quite a few bucks chasing does......father in law and I ended up shooting three does, I using my muzzleloader.....yes I know, I need to get in the woods more with my bow........... Caught a few fish also....sorry no pic this year.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2066 on: November 10, 2014, 08:04:32 pm »
Friday I mowed my lawn.

Today I shoveled snow.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2067 on: November 10, 2014, 08:35:21 pm »
Good job on the doe Bill.  Not every deer in the freezer has to be put there with a stick and a string.  I know some of mine aren't  ;)

Offline bubby

« Reply #2068 on: November 11, 2014, 01:08:30 am »
been spending sunday evenings at the BMX track two of my grandsons started racing they seem to be doing alright

failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2069 on: November 11, 2014, 08:33:49 am »
Very cool Bubby.