Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 845250 times)

Offline Stoker

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2085 on: November 26, 2014, 10:03:46 am »
Congrats o the doe.. Good luck with the surgeon
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2086 on: November 26, 2014, 07:31:38 pm »
Well, the deer keep coming. I was leaving the house to go to lunch today and noticed a just hit doe along side the road that wasn't there a couple hours earlier.

I went back to the house and got my truck(with the deer hoist in the back), loaded her up, took her home, skinned her then quartered her using the gutless method( a good idea on road kills), this one had an obviously busted gut inside.

I called my friend Darin who was looking for a deer and was glad to have her.

I hate to let a deer go to waste;

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:38:01 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2087 on: November 26, 2014, 10:53:50 pm »
Eric, thanks for showing these pork eaters what a decent gun should look like. 

Good luck with the surgeon, hopefully you don't come home in a cooler like the shoulder of that deer just did!  Keep us posted, ok?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2088 on: November 27, 2014, 12:20:05 am »
JW, you have probably seen the wood in my gun because I have posted it before but here goes, forend;

Buttstock:

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2089 on: November 27, 2014, 05:54:46 am »
WOW - stunning Eric. Best of luck with the shoulder. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Stringman

« Reply #2090 on: November 27, 2014, 11:45:16 am »
Wow...

Wow...

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2091 on: November 27, 2014, 12:59:29 pm »
Well today is my Monday this week. I got a tree program at 2pm. My dad came down a week ago and has been helping me get my chores done. Got some details that been waiting five years done inside the house - wife is happy! Got a few other things done here and there. Was 71 at the house yesterday. What happened to winter? Saw a nice bald eagle on the way to work this morning!

When you all feel like traveling come visit me in Yosemite National Park!

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #2092 on: December 21, 2014, 06:04:45 pm »
Just fleshed 2 deer hides and grained one, need to grain one more deer and skin a muskrat then call it a day.   I might have to leave the deer hide for tommorrow, graining is a workout for me. Later Bob

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2093 on: December 29, 2014, 09:32:36 am »
I waded into my osage billet pile the last few days just to see what I could sorta' match and turn into bow blanks. I cut and spliced together two blanks, not great stuff but will make bows.

On a side note; I was bending the deflex out of a billet with heat that started cracking. I filled the crack with superglue and got a face full of superglue fumes from the hot wood, big mistake, felt pretty ill for the next few hours. Just a heads up.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2094 on: December 31, 2014, 08:46:39 pm »
Pork Eater :o, I resent that, JW. I've killed a few porkies with my William Large barrel, also. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2095 on: January 01, 2015, 11:55:54 am »
Well not  today, but - on my days off I hand pulled my pump from the well, 130', took it to the local plumbing and electric supply and got the pump checked out and re-wired. took it home, put it back in and my neoghbor came and hooked the wiring bcak up to tha power and after a week and a half I have water back in my house! Yeah!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2096 on: January 03, 2015, 05:42:16 pm »
Just got through cleaning and putting new line on 5 bait casting rods and reels and 4 ultra lights.  Also went through the six tackle boxes I have and consolidated them down to one.  Now...I'm ready to do some early spring fishing!!!!!! Can't wait!!!  :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2097 on: January 03, 2015, 06:52:31 pm »
Sounds like you are ready to set a few hooks Bill.  Good luck!

Yesterday I got a deal on an old vise I found on Craigslist for $30.  Its a 5 1/2" matco, made in the USA.  It was missing the jaw pads.  Today I made some new pads and swapped it out with my old Crafstman that I was using.  I had the new pads fitting perfectly.  I went to install them when I realized I had counter sunk the holes on the wrong side.  I was steaming mad at myself  >:(   I quickly fixed it but the fit wasn't near as good as it was the first time.  Its bolted down and ready to go. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2098 on: January 03, 2015, 07:15:51 pm »
Nighty fine job there, Clint.  That vice looks like it belongs in your shop...... :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2099 on: January 03, 2015, 07:40:07 pm »
Nighty fine job there, Clint.  That vice looks like it belongs in your shop...... :)
DBar

I guess it does blend in with all the other second hand tools  :)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left