Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 837945 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2175 on: May 06, 2015, 03:27:09 pm »
Glad everything is OK Eric.   I got back from the Classic with 2 swollen legs. Went to the Dr. yesterday, they took blood, I peed in a bottle for them and now awaiting the results. My heart is strong and chest sounds good. This getting older is not for sissies.  ;)

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JEB

« Reply #2176 on: May 06, 2015, 03:36:31 pm »
Wife and I just got back from our first bicycle training ride of the season.  Getting ready for a 6 day 500 mile trip at the end of July. sure felt good to get out there on the bike.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2177 on: May 06, 2015, 08:44:53 pm »
I went turkey hunting Sunday, felt poorly, things weren’t right so I drove myself to the ER. Just got out of the hospital, Dr Heaton ran me through the cath lab and added a couple of stints to my heart. I suspected things have been going downhill for a while and was about to schedule a stress test.

All is good, no heart attack, had a couple of 80% blockages, no heart damage.

Glad to hear you are still upright and taking nourishment!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2178 on: May 09, 2015, 11:55:57 pm »
Aside from birthday party's and honey-do's, I managed to bottle the hard cider that I started 3 weeks ago.  I filled 22 16.9 oz. bottles with this batch.  If all goes well, these will be fully carbonated in 2 weeks at which point I will cold crash the yeast in the fridge.  Two weeks later it should be ready to enjoy.  This batch came out of the fermenter at 10% ABV.  With the honey and straight cider added before bottling, I'm hoping to end up at about the same when all is said and done.  This stuff is pretty good right out of the fermenter, but it is awesome after a few weeks.  This is my 3rd batch since the beginning of March.  There won't be any more until fall when it cools off again.  Here's the bottled batch.  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2179 on: May 10, 2015, 02:06:45 pm »
Just what the Doc ordered!

I have a small batch of mead brewing at this time, too.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2180 on: May 10, 2015, 10:05:26 pm »
Cooked a mothers day dinner for the wife today.  Marinated deer over a bed of osage coals with baked potatoes. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2181 on: May 11, 2015, 12:27:02 am »
Just what the Doc ordered!

I have a small batch of mead brewing at this time, too.

Mead is on my to do list in the fall.  My brewing room is not climate controlled so brewing in the summer is out.  I get the best flavor at 65 to 68 degrees.  Much warmer than that and I start getting off flavors.  Maybe we'll have to trade recipes.  I haven't made mead yet.  If there's enough interest, maybe a brew along in the cooking section would be in order.   Josh

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #2182 on: May 11, 2015, 12:47:31 am »
I talked  to my mom today for about 2 hours on the phone. Then went out and cut a little bow wood. Came home and when it stopped raining me and a buddy worked on some river cane shafts. Got them all straightened and the nodes all sanded down. Also worked on my first set of wild rose shafts. Worked up about 35 shafts. Now to see what I have acquired. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2183 on: May 11, 2015, 09:02:09 pm »
Cooked a mothers day dinner for the wife today.  Marinated deer over a bed of osage coals with baked potatoes. 

Clint your scaring me .......cooking??? I see your getting good use out of your grilling basket.... ;D ;D ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2184 on: May 11, 2015, 10:19:06 pm »
Don't get to excited Bill.  It was meat over a fire.  Can't get much simpler.  That basket works great for small steaks like that.  I can bring it to Marshall if you want.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2185 on: May 11, 2015, 10:31:53 pm »
I am kinda concerned that the short feller has his stack of bowstaves so close to the fire grate!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2186 on: May 12, 2015, 05:28:17 pm »
Don't get to excited Bill.  It was meat over a fire.  Can't get much simpler.  That basket works great for small steaks like that.  I can bring it to Marshall if you want.
I will have everything we need and some food too!!!!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2187 on: May 12, 2015, 09:02:21 pm »
A buddy of mine gave me a call tonight and said he had a 12" dia x 7ft long straight no knot osage log to split.  Just got back from splitting 11 staves out of it got 4 real nice belly splits.  It's going to be some great wood in a few years.

Now I know,  it didn't happen unless there's pic's.  Well I've got to learn to get them off of this phone and I'll post them........give me a little time.
DBar

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2188 on: May 13, 2015, 06:19:28 pm »
Got the phone figured out.................and we used everyone of those tools.. :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:04:29 pm by Danzn Bar »

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #2189 on: May 13, 2015, 10:00:38 pm »
Thats some nice looking sage! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!