Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 838892 times)

Offline JEB

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2235 on: July 24, 2015, 07:45:10 pm »
Sat with my knapping buddy and mentor Mike Cook and the new Native Culture Center in Whitehall, Michigan .  Mike gave knapping demos all day. Me , I watched and tried to learn some more knapping techniques.  They asked if we could get a group together and put on some bow making demo's in the future.  This is a great new place open to the public.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2236 on: July 24, 2015, 08:00:41 pm »
Well 39 years ago i married a sweetheart of a girl, can't imagine why she's kept me around

Congratulations !!! Bubby..... 34 next month for me and my best friend..... was some hard work ,its not easy, good and bad times, but well worth it in the long run......Kids now a days don't want to work at anything.......
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bubby

« Reply #2237 on: July 24, 2015, 08:51:49 pm »
Thanks dbar and congrats on you upcoming 34th and yes it takes a lot of work, and the right gal
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2238 on: July 24, 2015, 08:54:44 pm »
Thanks dbar and congrats on you upcoming 34th and yes it takes a lot of work, and the right gal

Yep your right,, ......
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2239 on: July 25, 2015, 07:40:04 am »
Well 39 years ago i married a sweetheart of a girl, can't imagine why she's kept me around

Congratulations !!! Bubby..... 34 next month for me and my best friend..... was some hard work ,its not easy, good and bad times, but well worth it in the long run......Kids now a days don't want to work at anything.......

Congrats guys.  We will be celebrating 15 years in a couple of weeks.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #2240 on: July 25, 2015, 10:06:34 am »
Thanks Clint

Offline JEB

« Reply #2241 on: July 27, 2015, 10:53:37 am »
Got a 22 mile bicycle ride in this morning before 90 degrees hits us today. Going on a week long bicycle trek next week and the extended forecast is mid 80's all week.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #2242 on: August 06, 2015, 08:34:11 am »
JEB, I'd be interested in helping out on that bow making demo at the Native Culture Center
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline JEB

« Reply #2243 on: August 10, 2015, 07:36:58 am »
Got back from our bike ride.  We got in 330 miles last week.  Wife and I spent our 44th wedding anniversary last Friday riding 50 miles and then having a great lunch in Harbor Springs.

Offline bubby

« Reply #2244 on: August 10, 2015, 08:48:07 am »
Congrats on your anniversary

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #2245 on: August 17, 2015, 08:47:26 am »
Went Fishing With Two Of My Pals.  Steve Davis, Bob Carmichael (Chamookman)
Managed to snap a few pics.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2246 on: August 17, 2015, 02:17:24 pm »
Couldn't have asked for a better Morning to be on the water ! I'd like to come back to this Lake during Hard Water season and try for some 'Gills.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Marks

« Reply #2247 on: August 21, 2015, 10:51:27 am »
I don't see any fish.

Offline DC

« Reply #2248 on: August 21, 2015, 12:49:46 pm »
The batteries died for my old Dewalt drill so I cobbled up this. It was a 14.4 volt drill so the 12 volts from my battery charger slows it down some. I put a light dimmer in the charger which slows it down to a good working speed. I've found a few things it's good for beside cresting. It works for wrapping the front and back of the fletching and behind the point. I always file a slight groove in the arrow for the tip wrapping. It makes it easier to get them out of the target. I can file the groove and then wrap it all in one step. I mounted my feather burner to it. Unfortunately If I turn the voltage up for the burner the drill goes too fast. So I turn it by hand for burning. Because of the large reduction in the drill it doesn't free wheel so I had to make a slip joint to keep it aligned for burning. If I had steady hands I wouldn't need all this stuff but you do what you got to. 

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #2249 on: August 21, 2015, 01:32:56 pm »
What a slick idea DC! I would love to be able to make something like that. I've made a feather burner. But a arrow crester from a Dewalt drill, man I wish I could do that. And I have an old drill to. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!