Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 837909 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2340 on: November 20, 2015, 10:00:00 am »
I tried that Eric, it doesn't help at all. My best bet is to hold a gloved hand over it and muffle it the best I can. I love the rifle too much to not hunt it during all of our firearms seasons. I had a bunch of old hardware shotguns when I was a kid. All of them could be cocked without a sound by holding the trigger.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JEB

« Reply #2341 on: November 20, 2015, 10:05:39 am »
Osage Outlaw. I sat with one of my grandkids for the first three days of our gun season. I took my .06 but never picked it up.  I was going to let him do all the shooting.  We saw deer but no legal antlered bucks so none got shot.  I could care less if I shoot a deer again but I like to be out there and enjoy what God has given us.  Going back to the cabin on Monday for the week.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2342 on: November 20, 2015, 10:17:15 am »
Eric  I'll have to try that on my TC flinter and the Deerstalker.. Last week when I pulled back the hammer it was the loudest click I ever heard. As it was dead quite in the coulee..

Chris  Hope you have success with your hawken.. Nothing like it
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2343 on: November 20, 2015, 11:14:44 am »
Osage Outlaw. I sat with one of my grandkids for the first three days of our gun season. I took my .06 but never picked it up.  I was going to let him do all the shooting.  We saw deer but no legal antlered bucks so none got shot.  I could care less if I shoot a deer again but I like to be out there and enjoy what God has given us.  Going back to the cabin on Monday for the week.

Good luck.  We are heading back out in the morning.  It's going to be very cold.  I hope she can stay warm long enough to get a shot.  I'll pack her boots and gloves with hot packs.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #2344 on: November 22, 2015, 05:55:11 pm »
Last nite we had a tea party, little girls flat out wrap ya around there little finger without even trying

failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2345 on: November 23, 2015, 03:33:15 am »
What a Smile ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2346 on: November 23, 2015, 12:38:47 pm »
Pretty sure you can pull the front trigger on a TC and cock it soundlessly then release the front trigger while holding the hammer back. You still have to set it but the set has less of a click. You can set it off without setting it by pulling the front trigger but the trigger pull will be hard. You can go completely to the front trigger by adjusting the little screw between the triggers. I owned at least 6 TC rifles but that was along time ago and I may have my facts mixed up about the lock cocking operation.

My flintlock .54 has a single trigger, I can pull the trigger and cock it without a sound. When I sit on a stand I cock my rifle and put a leather cover over the fritzen so it can't spark. Lots easier to flip the leather frizzen stall off than to try to cock a rifle with a deer headed your way. 

Eric- Your trigger advice works great.. T/C pull both triggers then the hammer and release the front trigger then the back one.. It's quite and will set the front
Thanks Leroy
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:42:32 pm by Stoker »
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2347 on: November 23, 2015, 12:42:28 pm »
I'll try that tonite Leroy. I know holding the primary trigger didn't help. I will pull both triggers and let the primary down first. I'd love to find a way to hush it up. It's crazy loud.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2348 on: December 06, 2015, 09:08:26 pm »
Today I traded my Redneck Ramada for a dual axle boat trailer  :'(

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #2349 on: December 07, 2015, 08:42:35 am »
Oh NO!  Clintster! 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Stringman

« Reply #2350 on: December 07, 2015, 09:06:30 am »
Hold that thought, Matt. I hear RR II is already in the planning stages.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2351 on: December 07, 2015, 07:14:00 pm »
It sure is Scott.  We had a brainstorming session today and came up with some good ideas.  Am I the only one who can see the potential of this burgundy beauty?

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2352 on: December 07, 2015, 07:19:17 pm »
OH No ....I can see redneck ramada II in the mak'n....maybe with a back porch... ;D ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2353 on: December 07, 2015, 07:21:39 pm »
The porch is going up front Bill

Offline bubby

« Reply #2354 on: December 07, 2015, 07:45:00 pm »
Party in the front staves in the back
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹