Author Topic: Some new arrows for my Sweetie  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Kegan

Some new arrows for my Sweetie
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:03:37 pm »
Well, having built my new bow primarily with power tools, my primitive arrows didn't seem right. So I used a drill to make some shafts from 1/2" square pieces by chucking them up and putting them trhough a piece of metal with holes of 7/16" down to 3/8". They turned out to be just about spine and nice and heavy. They're 28" long with three 5" straight primary feltches (I found them already cut in an old drawer). I glued them on and tied the front down to keep the feathers on and to keep them from bitting into my hand. The broadheads are 2 1/2" long by 1" wide and the blunt is an old .30-30 casing. I waxed them with an old candle to smoothe them off. They are truly beautiful arrows, and quite accurate.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michbowguy

Re: Some new arrows for my Sweetie
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 11:08:51 pm »
nice work there kegan!

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 06:43:39 pm »
What are the broadheads made of?

Otoe.
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 06:50:01 pm »
Good job on arra's! That's what I was doin on my shoot shafts, haven't messed with it in awhile - they aught to shoot sweet outa that new bow ya made ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 07:13:09 pm »
What are the broadheads made of?

Otoe.

The broadheads are made from the EXCELLENT blade stock venisonbruger sent me (thanks again ;D!!!).

Cowboy- for most of my shoots I try to leave them looking as primitive as possible (don't have alot of shoots, so the few I have should be special). WIf it workswell for boards, shoots would make near perfect arrows. You'll have to post some pics!