Author Topic: Stuff you need to bring to the classic. For the benafit of our new friends.  (Read 14809 times)

Offline Will H

Gus I got some awesome hill cane in a trade with Ol hippy last year.
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline cracker

Yeah Pat you better cut before the highway dept. gets to it.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Ronnie, the cane grows safely along my driveway. It is the sourwood shoots that I share with the NCDOT.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Wolf Watcher

Really like trading at the Classic so bring some elk and deer horns, buffalo horn sheaths, leather projects etc.  The other thing I enjoy is the raffle things.  Sure some talented people that donate to the cause.  Just my opinion, but it always amazes me about how much it costs to put the Classic on and wonder how they do it?  The food and cooking must be very expensive!  I try to think of something for Pappy and Miss Joanie and laugh as he especially is the most "gifted" fellow I know.  Just look at his knife rack!  If I make it this year am looking to trade for a Jon knife and a sheath made by my friend, GregB.  I have something in mind to trade Will for a blade or two and hope to take home a bow made by Kennan.  I have a large elk hide for Pappy knowing the last one turned into a major project! Also look forward to talking to Jimmy B. as he is one of my heros!  A/Ho Joe  Forgot to mention I will need a new small skinner from Shannon as I broke the one he gave me>
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:22:30 pm by Wolf Watcher »
Get Close---Shoot Straight

blackhawk

Hey Pat...don't forget them mountain laurel staves ;) .....ill prob be bringing osage,hackberry,and maybe a couple yew staves n who knows what else.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Chris, I've been looking around. Not many straight ones(relatively speaking) but I'm sure I can find a few for you.  I'm sure we can work something out.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline _Jon_

Really like trading at the Classic so bring some elk and deer horns, buffalo horn sheaths, leather projects etc.  The other thing I enjoy is the raffle things.  Sure some talented people that donate to the cause.  Just my opinion, but it always amazes me about how much it costs to put the Classic on and wonder how they do it?  The food and cooking must be very expensive!  I try to think of something for Pappy and Miss Joanie and laugh as he especially is the most "gifted" fellow I know.  Just look at his knife rack!  If I make it this year am looking to trade for a Jon knife and a sheath made by my friend, GregB.  I have something in mind to trade Will for a blade or two and hope to take home a bow made by Kennan.  I have a large elk hide for Pappy knowing the last one turned into a major project! Also look forward to talking to Jimmy B. as he is one of my heros!  A/Ho Joe  Forgot to mention I will need a new small skinner from Shannon as I broke the one he gave me>

I think I can find something around for ya Joe.

Take buddy.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline seabass

i hope you can make it Joe.i missed you last year.i was the guy with the ermine hide.i really enjoyed the stoies of your dog and the ermine.you are a great guy to talk to and your leather work is top notch.i would love to own one of your canteens.maybe we can do some trading one day.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Re: Stuff you need to bring to the classic. For the benafit of our new friends.
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2013, 01:03:16 am »
Dang...
I can see I'm gonna have to pace myself when I get there...
Looks like an awesome opportunity to trade for goods that I don't often see around Houston.  :)

Have to Bring some Buckskin and Elk leather and maybe some Kangaroo...
And I've got a Real Nice 6x Elk shed that I picked up a few years back, haven't had the heart to cut it up yet.
Dried Back Sinew, dried White Tail Toe Bones and leg bone, and some Horse Bone.
Snake Skins, of Various Southeast Texas species.
And some finished pieces of wood for sure, and maybe some leather.

And Man! I have to get to work on my Festival Mask!
May will be here before you know it...  :)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2013, 02:14:26 am »
I can bring a small tent if anyone needs one down there.  I think it is 8' x 8'.  There is a pic of it on page 25 of the What did you do today post.  I'll make somebody a good deal on it.  It kept me dry during the few showers we had last year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2013, 09:32:21 pm »
Jon:  If I get to come to the Classic, I have a wolf winter kill 6 point bull elk head.  The horns are bleached white and there is still some hide attached to the skull.  Sorry I don't know how to post pictures, but maybe could send a photo by email!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2013, 07:39:25 pm »
Can't wait to see you this year Joe!  Sure do hope you can make it.  Wouldn't be the same without ya at the Classic.

Take care buddy.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2013, 09:23:48 am »
Ya always love Joe's horn collection,have to keep an eye on the boys around the shop to keep um from sawing them up. ;) ;D to pretty to use,I just love them hanging around in the rafters and all the looks and  oos and awas they get.  :) Mouth watering and all. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:14 am »
Hey, where is Bear and his countdown this year???
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2013, 03:07:08 pm »
Joe, I think Jon has a knife in mind that he made, and I made the sheath for it. Will be good to see you again!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...