Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade???...we doing one this year?  (Read 15450 times)

Offline ionicmuffin

Re: 2013 Bow Trade???...we doing one this year?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 06:46:52 pm »
i agree with you about all the fine bowyers on this website, the thing about this trade as stated before, it challenges bowyers to do their best, so they can ship out a bow that they really worked hard to make, and maybe was something completely new to them, many things that you may not have tried is, different bow wood, recurving, heat treating, character stave, different design, different weight, artwork, stains, primitive made, ect. this would be a trade to try something brand new to you, something that would be possible, but you may be unsure of your skill at. Thats what will make it fun! because you have a challenge that may overcome you, or you could overcome it! sounds like fun to me  :laugh:
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 07:59:18 pm »
It sounds like fun... because it is ;) good Anya blackhawk way to take the reigns!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline country

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 08:01:10 pm »
Alright!!!!  I have been wondering if we would do another .   I would do it again  ;D

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 08:01:58 pm »
Good on ya, Hawkster, Drums and thanks again Pat.  Looking forward to signing in.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 08:16:57 pm »
Alright guys....sorry I haven't been chiming in a whole lot here and responding to everyone....I've been busy with pms ....as of right now im forming a commitee and discussing details and ideas to get parameters set...as soon as we have all come up with a general consensus of things ill post the sign up thread with rules...this might take a couple days to compile it all so please be patient with me...its not a small undertaking...and all involved are volunteering our free time to make it happen....thanks guys...can't wait to get this going so I can stop typing and get some tools n a piece of wood in my hands ;)

So far Pat,Keenan,Pearl Drums,Coaster500,and myself have volunteered to assist in this.

Thanks again guys...this couldn't be done without all the fine members here :).....Chris.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 08:22:43 pm »
Alright guys....sorry I haven't been chiming in a whole lot here and responding to everyone....I've been busy with pms ....<snip>
I hear a lot of guys get into bow making because of that issue.   >:D >:D >:D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 08:24:01 pm »
Your one fart smeller there Onebow! Funny, funny!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 08:39:12 pm »
I'll help with the Policing if needed, see if we can do better than last year. I'm like Pat this year, real busy at work and need to finish 4 bows by the Spring, so I won't be in it.

I think that one of the rules should be , If you see where you might have problems fulfilling your obligation let everyone involved know ahead of time. Don't just quit answering PM's and emails. A lot of people do worry about each other on this site and when you do that most of us start thinking you have a family crisis, you're sick, or the worse, you've passed away and nobody knows it.

Usually the first thought everybody thinks is not that you are ripping someone off, but, that you are having a serious problem.I've never seen a more trusting, giving group on a website.

So, I'd like to suggest that if you join this trade, just be considerate of your recipiant and the rest of the members.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

blackhawk

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2013, 08:56:20 pm »
Thanks for wanting to be the "bad cop" Eddie  ;)...good points...and open communication will be typed in bold and very emphasized,and a requirement if one so chooses to sign up.

If anyone that was involved in the previous trades has any constructive criticism feel free to post that here in this tread,and it can be discussed here,and possibly taken into consideration if deemed a good idea by the commitee.....but remember we are trying to keep this as simple as possible,and are relying on the trust and integrity of those who sign up...that's what makes this a success

Offline JLoranger

• JLoranger Illustration
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 09:03:53 pm »
Count me in!
Giving it your best effort is what anyone should expect.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 09:18:28 pm »
I became a PA member during early summer last year, too late for the trade.  I'm in on this one.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 09:34:19 pm »
One of the most important parts of this swap in my eyes is each of us being honest with ourselves. Entering this bow swap means you should be able to build a SAFE and SERVICEABLE bow in the draw weight and draw range of the person you drew. The rest can and will vary as much as the person buidling it. The number of years building or bows made isnt a concern as its irrelevant. And never hesitate to ask questions along the way. We all want everybody to get a good, shootable bow in the end.  ;D
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JonW

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 09:39:02 pm »
Chris I would like to offer a consideration. On the requirements of the user I suggest that right or left should be the only option. I myself don't want the person that draws my name to be locked into anything other than right or left. I just want something that won't bonk me on the head when I draw it back. :)

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 09:56:19 pm »
I'm in. Like Slim I join PA last summer and missed it last year, looking forward to making one for a fellow member. It'll be fun :)
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline uncleduck

• Dave W
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 10:19:53 pm »
Good points guys. I can't wait to get in on this one