Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 548890 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2013, 11:03:55 am »
Man, I can feel the excitement and I ain't even in the bow trade. .  8)

Oooops....I think may have acccidentely tossed your name in Pat?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2013, 01:16:33 pm »
Just for future reference guys....

When you receive a bow PLEASE POST IT HERE THAT YOU RECEIVED YOUR BOW. And please state who built it for you so we can check off our list as we go. And please post pics of the bow your receive...its only fair to the person who put all that time and effort into making it for you,so please return the favor and put the time into posting some pics...and if you don't know how please learn how to do so...if you have access to this website you have the ability to post pics. If you don't let us know you received or sent a bow don't be alarmed or offended when you get an email from me asking if you sent or received by the deadline.

Thanks guys...hopefully we see some folks getting there names soon...I know this is the hardest part..the waiting on a name.

Offline bubby

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2013, 07:58:09 pm »
patiently waiting ::), NOT >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2013, 08:27:17 pm »
I see Marie on guys, so things just might start getting interesting around here.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2013, 09:30:42 pm »
I see Marie on guys, so things just might start getting interesting around here.

She was looking for me you stalker Charlie!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »
Just think how the postal workers feel. :o
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline KellyG

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2013, 10:20:33 pm »
Ok I have 2 Osage staves, one hickory, an IPE and boo, a hickory blank that I have some boo for backing and I may try some Osage on the belly and I am splitting up a hack berry log.  I think I have a few options. I just hope I can turn 2 of them into bows other would be proud to own.  For I have this swap and the tradgang swap. What was I thinking?

I am also trying to teach 2 guys at work how to build bows. Talk about the blind leading the blind.  :o

I can't wait to see all the good bows.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2013, 12:10:04 am »
Busy morning, think i'm a little worn out ;)

Somewhere in all this is a trade bow, maybe a couple ;D

Left to right: osage (duh), elm, hackberry billets, and more elm.  Gifted one to my neighbor's dad who stopped by to talk.  He let me know that since our last talk he's built and busted 3 bows (yup, I drafted another addict!) outta red oak.  I gave him a nice clean and seasoned elm stave.  Maybe he'll join on here :)

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2013, 12:40:18 am »
This is worse than Christmas morning!
45# at 27"

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2013, 06:34:09 am »
I got my eye on you too Pearly :o :o :o :o :o

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2013, 08:40:20 am »
What the heck Kevin? You sip coffee and have a sweet roll while you rripping bark on your coffee table?

We sure are an industrious bunch aint we?!?!?!?!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2013, 08:41:42 am »
I got my eye on you too Pearly :o :o :o :o :o

Im like that sniper thats been eyeing you for two years Charlie.......dad told me never to trust you WV guys! He says the thin air up the hills messes with a guy after a while.

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2013, 09:02:38 am »
Now it is known for sure Pearly, that you would never ever come close to making a good or even half good sniper my friend.   I LIVE IN VIRGINIA.. ;D  You need to get some of that yellow dust cleaned out of that thinking part of yours...lol

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2013, 09:07:22 am »
Virginia? Ooops....I hope that trade bow gets to the right place? Im pretty sure I typed WV for your address...:)

blackhawk

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2013, 09:08:41 am »
Got ants in your pants Charlie?....eh...Virginia..West Virginia...its all the same...your all a bunch of crazy appalachia hillbillies :laugh: