Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 547844 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2013, 11:25:07 am »
Got it. ;) ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2013, 11:26:53 am »
Got it. ;) ;D
  Pappy

Marie must have got her chocalate and wine ;D

Offline okie64

« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2013, 11:27:13 am »
Got the ring lines feathered out this morning on number one possibility for trade bow. Im still torn between this snakey stave and a pipe straight piece of hackberry. Decisions, decisions??? I may just go ahead and build both of them and then decide.

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2013, 11:59:52 am »
OH BOY....Got my name first thing this morning....boy oh boy.  Been doing some research and found out that I think every body should only be allowed to like one style of bow.....lol.  Decisions, decisions, decisions. :o

SO, you got one of "those" people  >:D
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2013, 12:19:51 pm »
You guys have no idea the pressure Im under. Sweet Marie sent me the complete list and I CANT/WONT open it until Im shipped and received............now thats torture my friends.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #230 on: February 12, 2013, 12:32:27 pm »
Looking at all the stress you guys are under, I'm thinking I aught to start my 2014 Bow Trade bow now!  That way, perhaps I'll have enough time make something up to par without having a coronary event!

Seriously, I'm kinda wishing I'd joined, ...but kinda glad I decided to wait another year.  Next year I'll be ready though I think...

OneBow

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2013, 02:10:32 pm »
" Marie must have got her chocalate and wine "

Keenan, are you insinuating that Marie can be bought???  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2013, 02:22:17 pm »
Looking at all the stress you guys are under, I'm thinking I aught to start my 2014 Bow Trade bow now!  That way, perhaps I'll have enough time make something up to par without having a coronary event!

Seriously, I'm kinda wishing I'd joined, ...but kinda glad I decided to wait another year.  Next year I'll be ready though I think...

OneBow

Thats a good plan. Its MUCH more fun when you know you can build a good bow than it is to hope you can build a good bow. Thats pressure nobody needs to carry around.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2013, 04:30:54 pm »
Got my name.  Can't wait to build this one. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Keenan

« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »

:o :-X

Offline autologus

« Reply #235 on: February 12, 2013, 05:43:17 pm »
I have mine figured out and have ordered my window dressing from Carson (CMB) just got to get started hacking it out.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2013, 05:54:54 pm »

:o :-X
Keenan just knows that us girls need wine and chocolate to be able to tolerate the cave men!  I am sure that Lulyn has edjumacated him good in that area!  Which only means, GregB, that you need to be getting to work and making me some of your wine!
Pappy knows me so well, he pretended to feel left out, but he knew I was saving the best for last.  ;)  Or maybe I was getting revenge on him for calling me Murray... until we met in person 8 years ago.   :o  That expression was priceless!

Well you all need to get to work.  If you need any sleuthing done I am happy to help.  Y'all are gonna have a BIG time with this one!  THanks for putting up with me taking so long.  At least my presentation was all pretty.  :)
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »

In my experience, most people cannot be bought.  ...they can often be rented for a bit, but ussually have to be paid again and frequently after the initial purchase. 

OneBow

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2013, 08:04:28 pm »
Providing my wedge is true, I have a 59" osage stave I need to split out. One half should make a semi rigid static. At least thats what I see! Im excited to get started.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #239 on: February 12, 2013, 08:14:35 pm »
Marie Maybe if you get in this trade next year and with Sadie maybe we can start seeing some of the softer side of bow making. We are just a bunch of cave men that just grunt scrape wood and play with snakes  :o ::)  Of coarse if you, Lulyn, Sadie. Miss Joanie and a few others get to making bows. us guys might have to get out and cut more trees. ::) :'(