Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 547850 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #645 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18:14 pm »
Good news Steve-O! Lucky dog!

Be sure to start a new thread when you get pics. Its nice to show them all off one thread at a time.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #646 on: February 25, 2013, 09:52:14 pm »
   Good deal Turtle . I hope you like her.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #647 on: February 25, 2013, 09:59:52 pm »
   Good deal Turtle . I hope you like her.

Havnt got her out on the first date yet and im already in love.
Steve Bennett

blackhawk

« Reply #648 on: February 25, 2013, 10:07:27 pm »
Congrats Steve.....it got to pass thru my personal inspection before bob sent it to ya ;).....way to go bob on getting yours out...now ya just gotta sit n wait for yours...oh the torture  ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #649 on: February 25, 2013, 10:46:49 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D............ Got home from work at 6:30 and there was a long package sitting on the porch. A super sweet sinew backed Osage bow from hunterbob. Afraid i wont be home in the day light until Thursday but i will get some pics up then. Of course the pics will have to wait until after i put several dozen arrows thru her, and then several dozen more,  and then some more arrows. Hope i dont run out of daylight before i get the pics.

Thank you very much Bob. It is a super great bow and is already considered one of my most prized possessions.

Brings to mind the story of the Hare and the Tortoise.  Looks like Turtle was the first across the receiver's finish line!!!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #650 on: February 26, 2013, 12:27:41 am »
Congratulations Steve!  Where's the pics already!? >:D  some super sweet stuff being built and gettin em done fast!  I finally decided on a style of bow for my victim.....err recipient, but can't decide on the wood.  I got some nice hhb  and some gnarly ole staves from really old hedgeposts.  Decisions, decisions!  It might come down to a coin toss yet!  Josh

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #651 on: February 26, 2013, 09:09:42 am »
Got the tips thinned and out to 35 @ 18 yesterday on my Persimmon bow ,still holding 2 inches of reflex right now,if that holds up it should be a good shooter for someone. ;) ;D ;D 64 n-n .  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #652 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:38 pm »
Ill take it Pappy. Always wanted a persimmon bow!

Here is my last last pic. Hopefully ***** ********* takes pics and shares them with us. I tried clearing the pic up so you guys could see where its headed. Sorry, it didnt work... >:D

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #653 on: February 26, 2013, 06:41:06 pm »
don't worry pearlie, i'll take lots of pics ::) :laugh:
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

blackhawk

« Reply #654 on: February 26, 2013, 08:58:18 pm »
hope that DOESNT show up at my door....ill put return to sender on that one....I already got me a pearly bow and I don't need another one  :P  >:D  :laugh:

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #655 on: February 26, 2013, 09:00:46 pm »
Rest assured, it isnt going to your house. However.............odds are high you will get another from me.

blackhawk

« Reply #656 on: February 26, 2013, 09:08:42 pm »
oops I think I misspoke  ...I hope that shows up at my house...I already got one pearly bow and I want another  ;D  8)

likewise my friend  ;)

I went out and grabbed a half log and split it and I think I finally found the stave I was seriously looking for...I already chased n blanked two osage and a hackberry,but they just weren't what I was looking for....ill chase it sometime in the near future and hope she looks good after all the excess wood is removed....

Offline bushboy

« Reply #657 on: February 26, 2013, 09:16:01 pm »
PD,you didn't say where you would be willing to ship to,so I hope that means canada !lol! On a side note had to come back up north for work,so won't be able to touch my wood for 30 days,yes bow withdrawal!so my trade bow person is gonna have to wait.funny they don't like weapons on a work site?
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline randman

« Reply #658 on: February 26, 2013, 10:18:50 pm »
Oh the humanity Bushboy! Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't touch my wood for 30 days.  >:D >:D
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #659 on: February 27, 2013, 07:02:04 am »
To wet out to tiller on the Persimmon yesterday so I picked out some nice white tail horn and got the tip overlays ready to glue on.Plan on that today and work on the handle,I know I am taking a lot for granted,but it is looking really good at 19 inches so while the weather is wet I plane on doing some things that I usually wait till it is shooting to do. Hope that don't jinx me.  ;) :) :) You never know Pearl but out of 75 chances that's not very likely. :) You make it to the Classic I might hook you up with some wood anyway. :) :) For some reason almost all Persimmon
looks straight as an arrow on the stump but when you split it,it will spiral really bad and the bark is straight up the tree, so it's hard to come up with straight staves. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good