Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 548860 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #705 on: March 01, 2013, 06:57:28 pm »
You. Just have to wait fella, but not too much longer. >:D

I've got a nice poplar stave with your name on it. Or is it for Ryan? Lol
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Cardboard_Duck

• Winter Haven, FL
« Reply #706 on: March 01, 2013, 07:35:12 pm »
USPS shows my victims bow as being delivered :) go run out to the mailbox quick!!!
>>>---------->

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #707 on: March 01, 2013, 07:45:34 pm »
Well my busy Month and a half at work has came to a lull for now. Now it is time to get crack'n on the Trade bow and finish up some other projects that need to be completed. Will post some pics soon.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline okie64

« Reply #708 on: March 01, 2013, 08:49:15 pm »
Havin to wait on plan A to dry out a little bit so I got to crackin on plan B and got it close to finished up. Still need to put a few more arras through it. Its pretty much just a no nonsense 58" bendy handle huntin bow with a few knots and a little character to it. Very dense piece of osage.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #709 on: March 01, 2013, 09:30:41 pm »
nice plan B

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #710 on: March 01, 2013, 10:43:14 pm »
Nice work okie
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #711 on: March 02, 2013, 12:03:12 am »
Been having trouble making time for working on bows, but i got my plan A  floor tillered and is sitting on my new caul cooling off right now. Other than digging out some punk from acouple of knots and filling with saw dust and super glue i will probably let it sit till thursday when i start my long break off from work. Should be able to get it shooting then. Might start on a plan B tomorrow.
Steve Bennett

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #712 on: March 02, 2013, 12:16:47 am »
Okie,  Looks cool!

starting my plan B tomorrow.  Plan A is out.   developed some frets  :-[
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #713 on: March 02, 2013, 12:59:20 am »
I wonder why we all have plan a b and c? If we were smart, we would just choose Osage and the there wouldn't be need for other plans. Seriously  though, all these bows look awesome and I would love too have em. I really enjoy these swaps. Thanks guys.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #714 on: March 02, 2013, 01:16:06 am »
Great work everyone !!! I will hopefully have some pictures soon! Lots of nice bows guys!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline okie64

« Reply #715 on: March 02, 2013, 01:22:19 am »
Arrowind , what kinda wood was it? Just curious

Dvs, I think we all have plans b and c because thats what we love to do, making bows that is. My plan A is osage too. :) :)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #716 on: March 02, 2013, 05:57:11 am »
roy if you want to see if b is better wait, but i think that a is outstanding and of a wood that is not common a winner in every aspect...i would ship!!! ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:53:28 pm by soy »
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #717 on: March 02, 2013, 08:36:58 am »
I wonder why we all have plan a b and c? If we were smart, we would just choose Osage and the there wouldn't be need for other plans. Seriously  though, all these bows look awesome and I would love too have em. I really enjoy these swaps. Thanks guys.

Duhhhh Dave. Everybody knows there are many other woods just as good as overrated osage, thats why. I happen to use it often just because.....

The swap seems to have some steam behind it this year. Lots of bows being worked on and several shipped already. Good work everybody!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #718 on: March 02, 2013, 09:48:00 am »
Arrowind , what kinda wood was it? Just curious

Dvs, I think we all have plans b and c because thats what we love to do, making bows that is. My plan A is osage too. :) :)

Hickory.  I'm surprized to see the frets....but I don't think I tillered it right... the lower limb is shorter than the upper limb and I think I just didn't get the upper limb bending enough (both limbs bending evenly) before pulling on it too far.  Honestly I didn't even notice the frets until I was sanding "tool marks" then realized "CRAP these are not tool marks".   

I have a plan b just in case I screwed up plan a which I really thought was going well until now. 
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #719 on: March 02, 2013, 10:06:49 am »
Did you temper that belly? Tempered mhickory will rarely, if ever, fret on you. Try tempering it into reflex. It will add 15# and allow you to scrape below the frets you have now.....................hopefully!