Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 547826 times)

Offline juniper junkie

Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #2070 on: August 15, 2013, 10:32:00 pm »
I came home tuesday to find a long box, I was as excited as a kid at christmas to see what was inside. it was wrapped in bubble wrap like a coccoon and as I peeled the layers off I saw yella wood, there were skinny little tips with cocobolo overlays, as I skinned the wrappings like a river otter, it exposed a wonderfully crafted bow, on the bow was the name blackhawk, it was a character stave with the bottom limb curving to one side, I strung it up and noticed that the string diceted the handle perfectly, I still wondered if the limb would cause the bow to torque when being drawn and shot, but the bow is smooth and accurate with good speed. special thanks to blackhawk for taking the time to build such a great bow it is much appreciated. excellent craftsmanship. I am planning on shooting this bow this weekend as I am going to take it as a backup bow for hunting this year, maybe wind up being my primary deer bow, I have a obsidian tip that billy made me so maybe the karma will aid my hunt. thanks again blackhawk ;D

Offline Weylin

« Reply #2071 on: August 15, 2013, 11:23:40 pm »
Score! Congrats on getting a sweet bow, Dave. I love that full draw profile.  8)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #2072 on: August 15, 2013, 11:24:43 pm »
ohh soy! send that sucker to Oregon  >:D

OK since you asked nicely >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline k-hat

« Reply #2073 on: August 15, 2013, 11:39:06 pm »
Sweet bow JJ!

Frustration today as i was prepared to send of my bow today but couldnt get it to the stinkin PO.  Will get it there tomorrow morn. :-\

Meanwhile, during the early morning hours today, i managed to snap a leather needle n jam the dull end through the top of my fingernail and into my finger.   :o :o :o  This is not highly recommended!!!

Offline KellyG

« Reply #2074 on: August 15, 2013, 11:47:33 pm »
Nice bow.

I made some more progress on my bow tonight, not much but a bit more. sorry for missing the ship date. I dont like being that guy.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2075 on: August 15, 2013, 11:49:27 pm »
Sweet bow JJ!

Frustration today as i was prepared to send of my bow today but couldnt get it to the stinkin PO.  Will get it there tomorrow morn. :-\

Meanwhile, during the early morning hours today, i managed to snap a leather needle n jam the dull end through the top of my fingernail and into my finger.   :o :o :o  This is not highly recommended!!!

That hurt you so bad I just now felt it! Holy crap-toast!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #2076 on: August 16, 2013, 12:00:38 am »

What, you mean you don't recommend self-inflicted medieval torture?  ;D

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #2077 on: August 16, 2013, 12:55:42 am »
Put the last coat of Tru-Oil on the Bow this evening.
Signed and Looking Pretty...
Hang the bow in wash room to dry.
Walk out after dark this evening to discover the wife decided to run the Drier...
Never mind the Wet Bow that you had to Limbo around to get to the Drier!

Thank You Dear.

Everything else is ready to go.
Once it dries enough to sand off the @&$€*~! Drier Lint...

It will most likely go out Monday.
Arrrrrrrg!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #2078 on: August 16, 2013, 12:59:48 am »
Oh my ::)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline coaster500

« Reply #2079 on: August 16, 2013, 01:07:12 am »
Congrats JJ !!!

Amazing work Hawkman !!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Gaur

« Reply #2080 on: August 16, 2013, 03:05:36 am »
Hey,  I am traveling up to northern MN until Tuesday for anyone that might be shipping a bow my way.  I did ask a friend to stop by and look for packages and to let me know if something arrives.   Just thought I'd let you know. ;)
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline k-hat

« Reply #2081 on: August 16, 2013, 08:37:11 am »
Sweet bow JJ!

That hurt you so bad I just now felt it! Holy crap-toast!

Yeah and still feeling it.  Saltwater soak here i come!

What, you mean you don't recommend self-inflicted medieval torture?  ;D

Actually i was trying to start a new trend, what with all the body piercing these days.... finger piercing! ::)

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #2082 on: August 16, 2013, 10:31:06 am »
just take up flintknapping and you can have all the self inflicted pain you want ;D

Offline k-hat

« Reply #2083 on: August 16, 2013, 04:11:35 pm »
Right!

Well y'all can mark me as shipped.  Expected delivery on Monday :D

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #2084 on: August 16, 2013, 06:50:46 pm »
Talked with Brock last night and he sent me a pic to update his progress. He's finishing his soon and will ship soon too.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley