Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 548850 times)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #2160 on: August 22, 2013, 09:12:18 pm »
Gaur I am sorry....I did not see the updated address.....went by the address that was sent to me.  My apologies.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Gaur

« Reply #2161 on: August 22, 2013, 10:13:14 pm »
Hey no problem.  I had used that address when I signed up for the trade as we were still in Thailand and I wasn't sure where we were going to be living.  Look forward to getting it in a few more days.  Heading out Elk hunting Sept 3rd so I will bring it along as a back up bow.  Sorry you were wondering why I hadn't said anything about getting the bow.  Can't believer my brother waited 3 days to tell me.
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #2162 on: August 22, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »
My trade bow has arrived in Tennessee.  :)

Thank you Terry for a great bow!  I'll post pictures as soon as Pappy comes home from Florida and his adventure with Eddie and the Alligators. 

It's a beautiful bow.  A man is lucky to have such a crafted item.  Thanks a million.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #2163 on: August 22, 2013, 10:29:52 pm »
I got my trade bow today! Gus did an awesome job on this one. The finish work and skins are top notch. Thanks man you nailed it. I spent most of my night working with a bow apprentice but I went out and shot until I couldn't see. I'm heading out of town tomorrow but I promise ill get some pics when I get back.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #2164 on: August 22, 2013, 11:08:44 pm »
I got my trade bow today! Gus did an awesome job on this one. The finish work and skins are top notch. Thanks man you nailed it. I spent most of my night working with a bow apprentice but I went out and shot until I couldn't see. I'm heading out of town tomorrow but I promise ill get some pics when I get back.

Good Deal Brother!
I'm glad you like her.
Hope she brings you many years of faithful service.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #2165 on: August 22, 2013, 11:20:39 pm »
I don't doubt that she will. I bet she makes a trip or two to the woods this year too. Also pretty cool mark for your initials as well.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #2166 on: August 22, 2013, 11:56:01 pm »
Thank You Sir...

Man that would be the best that I could hope for.
Bloody Arrahs and Fresh Meat on the Smoker...  :)

I know she went out Shiny and lacking String Silencers, with a B-50 string.
But I couldn't in good faith, drag it out any longer...
The dang Beaver Skin came in yesterday.    :o
And I haven't moved up to D-10 or Fast Flight yet.

But a little shooting and a new string with some silencers and I figure you can wring a bit more performance out of her.
And I still don't know where my Mole Skin went to...
A little strip on the Arrah Pass was my intention... To quiet the passage of the shaft...

Dang near as bad as remembering the things you forgot at home when you are twenty miles from Deer Camp and a Hundred and Fifty miles from home...   ::)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #2167 on: August 23, 2013, 12:06:44 am »
Gus, I was shooting it without silencers tonight and its pretty darn quiet. I doubt ill put anything that will cover the shelf. It looks pretty cool as is. After I stick a deer ill be sure to send you a pick. I've got three new bows to break in this year so I've got some work ahead. :)

Offline KellyG

« Reply #2168 on: August 23, 2013, 12:15:45 am »
Ok here is where I am at. Got the the last coats of tru-oil on. Handle wrap and a couple of turkey feathers. I need to twist up a new string, get a couple of pics up of here before I ship her off. It will be Saturday before she goes in the mail.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #2169 on: August 23, 2013, 12:21:50 am »
My trade bow should have landed within sight of the Rockies on someone's porch today.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #2170 on: August 23, 2013, 09:15:02 am »
Alot of lucky bowyers, great looking bows being received. Gus that bow is real looker.
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #2171 on: August 23, 2013, 11:24:12 am »
 ;D Well I got home last nite and found a white tube on my porch. 8) so since i was running late i put it in the house and ran out to feed horses knowing that i would be able to unwrap it when i was done. So frantically feeding horses had 1 horse tank to fill. OK all done with that head for house to check out my new bow. ;D As im opening the tube it starts to rain..... >:( so i open tube and pull out the bow and its a beautiful Osage bow from Hedgeapple 55'' ttt and draws 54# at 26'' Perfect.  >:D So here i am new bow and it is still raining and its starting to get dark.  >:( So i string it up and grab a few heavy arras and set them by the shop door. dinner time. so as i get ready to grub the rain slows  down to almost nothing. ;D food in fridge bow in hand and lites on at the range im headed out the door to shoot my new bow as my wife just looks at me and shakes her head. LOL shot about 15 arras and the sky  opened up. But i got to shoot my bow. >:D Hedge. What a wonderful Bow Thank you. Love everything about it. Shoots fast and hard and hits where i look. And that has to be the straightest piece of bodark i have ever seen and thick rings. Thanks Bro. will get some pics up as soon as i get a chance. Thanks Hedge you made my Day and i hope to return the favor in the future  >:D. Thanks again to all the peeps running this trade Its been another fun one.

Katt   
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #2172 on: August 23, 2013, 12:33:49 pm »
Wildkatt, thanks so much for the kind words.  It was a pleasure to build this bow for you.  But, I must admit it had me sweating bullets at times. You draw suggested 24 -26 inch.  When I hit 24" I had to do some soul searching as to whether or not I would take any farther.  When I hit 25" there was more ponder time.  I'm glad I went on to 26"

I hope it makes some meat for you.  I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Stringman

« Reply #2173 on: August 23, 2013, 06:40:34 pm »
You may mark me as shipped and received! I am still basking in the delight of receiving a beautiful piece of work from arrowind (Jared.) He did an outstanding job on his bow and I am extremely proud to own it. I feel as though he put the tape to me in order to customize this bow so completely for me! Well done, Jared! Hate that it took you 5 tries, but you nailed it on this last job.

Offline KellyG

« Reply #2174 on: August 23, 2013, 08:47:13 pm »
Ok I got her all dressed up. I plan on sending it out tomorrow.

Well not to good of a pic but some close ups will come.

Handle: the leather is the tongue out of one of my old combat boots, artificial sinew for twine and the feathers are from a Rio eastern hybrid.

Unstrung profile

Braced