Author Topic: how to get blood off white feathers?  (Read 3771 times)

Offline richardzane

• active Wyandot tribal member
    • richardzanesmith.wordpress.com
Re: how to get blood off white feathers?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 10:54:34 am »
sure Matt,
 see:http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,36023.msg473512.html#msg473512

when i first posted these i was just starting with bronze, and they're great...though i haven't hunted with them.
the hole in the center allows the pitch to lock both sides covering the sinew.
i've experimented by putting a hole on either side (where a notch might be) it works ok....just harder to push wet sinew through small holes.
trying to avoid notches, edges that could snag hay.
when i'm working on things my ancestors worked, singing the songs my ancestors sang, dancing the same dances, speaking the same language, only then  I feel connected to the land, THIS land, where my ancestors walked for thousands of years...

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 11:07:52 pm »
Ha, I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for you with blood all over your arrows.  >:D That's like complaining about a wad of cash that is too big to put in your wallet.  :laugh:

Offline richardzane

• active Wyandot tribal member
    • richardzanesmith.wordpress.com
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 11:10:35 pm »
HA!HA! I hear ya!....well in this case it was a hatchet job gone bad...:)
when i'm working on things my ancestors worked, singing the songs my ancestors sang, dancing the same dances, speaking the same language, only then  I feel connected to the land, THIS land, where my ancestors walked for thousands of years...

Offline lowell

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 06:03:00 pm »
Ha, I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for you with blood all over your arrows.  >:D That's like complaining about a wad of cash that is too big to put in your wallet.  :laugh:

Was thinking the same thing but.....Slackbunny said it better than I could have!! ;) ;D
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline bubby

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 09:26:53 pm »
I don't know about you guy's but I spend most of my time TRYING to get blood on mine
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹