Author Topic: Reality TV  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Marks

Re: Reality TV
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 12:19:34 pm »
Come to think of it.......Survival shows like dual survivor don't really market anything on the show itself. That one guy walks around with no shoes and shorts for cryin out loud.  Bear Gryles sold a knife but thats about it. I've noticed freeze dried camp food (like MREs) being advertized. I'm sure there is some advertizing somewhere in there. 3-Rivers would do well. A lot of these bigger companies make a traditional bow too. It would give them a reason to market it to the public and not just on a hunting show. Not everyone is gonna go out a MAKE their own bow but they would love to buy a traditional one already made. And kids bows would be wildly popular. Twin Oaks would be the place to get all this going.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 03:46:01 pm »
Marks, hedgeapple and bow101, you guys have a point, there are interesting shows out there about wilderness survival, collecting antiques and buying storage lockers and they are not backed by big money manufacturers.
I guess  someone just needs to come up with the right concept that would interest the networks and the American public.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 07:44:00 pm »
They need to get Daryl off the walking dead to use a Osage bow and make his own equipment. Then millions of people would be interested and we could have primitive reality shows galore
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline Newindian

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 11:18:34 pm »
Are we sure we want the sport to be seen on reality tv and commercialized
I like free stuff.

Online sleek

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 04:46:06 am »
Sure! Why not? Then maybe we can get an earlier and later season all to our lonesome without those wheelie boys and cross bow guys out there. It would give us our own time to do some ACTUAL hunting, if we can make it popular enough and get our OWN season. If even for just one week and a weekend.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bow101

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 01:53:15 pm »
      You have to look at it in the monetary sense. I know there are a lot Primitive people selling stuff like, Staves, Leather goods, Arrows, Flinting, Bow blanks and the list goes on.  Some of you have dedicated websites on the subject, so ya a little bit of penetration on public TV would give a boost to all those that make a little money.

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 02:28:24 pm »
I think you guys are not thinking this through.....I could see some guy looking through binoculars looking at a tree on someones property walking up to the door to ask permission and getting chased off with a shotgun. Then when it looks like he won't find that special tree he finally gets permission, walks up to the tree and yells (thinking Rick Savage here) boo backed baby! Totally see it! :laugh:
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.