Author Topic: osage staves......where to buy?  (Read 10058 times)

matter_daddy

osage staves......where to buy?
« on: November 01, 2007, 10:05:23 pm »
I would like to make a bow from Osage but am not sure where to get good quality seasoned stave's? I want something ready to go (I can start making a bow out of it when it arrives, no seasoning, drying) Can somone point me in the right direction? And what should I expect to pay for a good quality stave?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:10:40 pm by matter_daddy »

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
Re: osage staves......where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 01:03:22 am »
You could probably trade for it on here.... I would offer, but all the osage I have is twisted, unless that's what you want.
    Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 10:35:12 am »
You can try trading in the trading post, or if you wish to buy one try the advertisers in the classifieds. http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,10.0.html
I have gotten some good wood from Pine Hollow Longbows and they are an advertiser. http://www.pinehollowlongbows.com/products2.asp?CategoryID=2   Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 12:28:14 pm »
If he is not any advertiser in PA, I don't think you can post his link here. I believe the moderators will delete this.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 01:02:03 pm »
Sorry Matter. We don't allow links to folks that aren't sponsors or advertisers.
  I have never dealt with those guys but from what I saw in their site a few years ago, they look like they have good stuff.
  There are sponsors and advertisers as well as members here that have osage for sale or trade.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

matter_daddy

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 01:10:32 pm »
Sorry Matter. We don't allow links to folks that aren't sponsors or advertisers.
  I have never dealt with those guys but from what I saw in their site a few years ago, they look like they have good stuff.
  There are sponsors and advertisers as well as members here that have osage for sale or trade.   Pat

OOPS! Sorry  :)

I tried the website above but they dont list staves? Any others? And what should I expect to pay for a good seasoned stave?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 01:38:49 pm »
You could pay anywhere from $40 to $100 for a good osage stave.   Look in the sponsors list or the trade thread and see if you can't find someone that has osage for sale or trade.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 02:43:06 pm »
The Pine Hollow link is to their bow wood page, it has all kinds of staves.  Here is a link to their "premium osage staves".  Just to clarify, they call them premium. I cannot confirm or deny the fact that they are premium. I can say I have never been unhappy with the items I have gotten from them.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah